options - overheating vmax1700 if in stop and go traffic for 30 minutes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I know everyone so far is talking coolant, etc being the issue. I was having very similar issues. I have a Power Commander & looked up tune for exhaust that I was running. I loaded the new tune & went from having my temp gauge always being 3/4 plus in traffic to staying consistent under half where it should be even with 95 degree days.
My issue was a tune. Hope this helps you.
Steve
CO VMax owner

Hello,
I know everyone so far is talking coolant, etc being the issue. I was having very similar issues. I have a Power Commander & looked up tune for exhaust that I was running. I loaded the new tune & went from having my temp gauge always being 3/4 plus in traffic to staying consistent under half where it should be even with 95 degree days.
My issue was a tune. Hope this helps you.
Steve
CO VMax owner

I wonder if your tune changed the set points for the fans turning on?

My bike was running Lean due to the increase in airflow causing heat/overheating. Once I changed the AFR’s it also started running right which also brought the heat down. I purchased my bike from a friend who had done modifications. I added an Akrapovic full exhaust & did an air box mod which threw off the Air/Fuel ratio. This was why “Gold Digger” (name of my bike) was getting hot.
Gold Digger - She is younger than me, gets rowdy when I excite her, will let me ride anytime, but costs me a lot of money! Accessories, what she eats, etc.

Hi . I’m in nyc. We are getting hi 80’s to low 90’s right now.

while cruising the 12 mile trip to work…Heat guage will be 1 increment past half.

orovlem is four 3 minute red lights at the last 1/4 mile or if I hit stop and go during the trip….the …the temps climb to 1 increment below max.

mod the two stock fans, the top one kicks in at about the 2/3rds point on the heat scale.

but, discovered yesterday that the bottom fan does not come on. Will pull the bottom fan this weekend to see if it is any good.
I've read thru this entire thread. Was it ever decided if both fans should come on at the same time of different temps ?

I've read thru this entire thread. Was it ever decided if both fans should come on at the same time of different temps ?
Not sure but in diagnostic mode they kick on at the same time. So I'm assuming yes.

Your water pump impellor may be U/S they are made of plastic and can get damaged which then does not allow the correct volume of coolent to be displaced around the engine. I had same problem and had to replace the water pump, the impellor blades were all damaged some of them missing..Changed this out and problem solved ... Now no issues with cooling...

Back