Orlando Speedway

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damnit, I'll be in Orlando, but not till the week of the 23rd.

Granted, I'll be at a work related conference on Wed/Thursday, but I have that whole Friday to myself since my job insists that I not go home till Saturday and they are paying for the trip.

Calimus said:
Damnit, I'll be in Orlando, but not till the week of the 23rd.

Granted, I'll be at a work related conference on Wed/Thursday, but I have that whole Friday to myself since my job insists that I not go home till Saturday and they are paying for the trip.

Bummer Dude!
Supposedly going to be 10 or 12 VMaxers there.
It's a test and tune night. Meaning you can run what you brung, as many times as you want for 15 bucks. Head to head or single shot. The only requirements are full faced helmet, gloves, jeans, jacket and boots that cover ankles. Unless you run 9's, then more restrictions are required.

The Drag Races at Orlando Speedworld was a blast!
I got there late... as usual. But that's going to stop happening from here on out.
There were 9 VMaxers (I think) there plus a few others (brothers wifes and so ons), plus A guy that came with one VMaxer on a Triumpth, and Randy's friend on the V-Rod. So yeah... it was a great turn out.
When I got there 4 of the guys had already run down the track twice and were sitting in the staging lane waiting on the 3rd run. I was going to watch and take pictures of the 3rd run and then get in on the forth run. But they had shut down to clean up oil off the track for 45 minutes and by the time they started back up again and let a bunch of the kids in their street cars run down the track it was 10 o-clock and the staging was closed. Then they let some pro stock cars run and one truck lost it and crashed about 1/3 down the track. So again the track was closed for over an hour. Randy's friend with the V-Rod got tired of waiting and left for his long ride back to Jaxs, Walt and Milly and the guy that came with them left, then Bill and Jerry decided to pack up thier bikes on the trailer but not leave yet. Just as soon they did that the track reopened and after few sets of cars ran down the track they ran the last run of bikes that stayed, so the last 3 Vmaxes ran down the track. We got all packed up and out of there around Midnight. And the last 6 of us went down to Steak & Shake.
I had a great time even though I didn't run down the track. It was a lil bit on the cool side for me, but all in all it was a great night. Can't wait to do it again. There was a consensus that there were way two many street cars that were just piloted by a bunch of kids who just wanted to run down the track eating up track time. There were about 30 or so bikes there, but about 200+ or so cars. Most every one agreed it would probably be better to go on a Wednesday night when all the kiddies and thier non hot rods weren't there. But then someone mentioned the Bradenton Street Drags would be alot better on a Saturday. So the next one I believe, will be in Bradenton. I plan on going. Mark Hayward ran his VMax for the first time and you could tell he has been bitten by the drag bug. He wants to go again next week already. I do too, but the below 60 temps puts a little kink in the fun factor for me.
I have just bumped a raptor shift light to the top of my wish list. And will be ordering one this weekend. LOL!
I definately put in my vote for doing this at least once a month. I'm thinking alternate between Orlando and Bradenton and even Gainesville (if they have a street drag night).
For those that missed it or weren't close enough. Sorry you couldn't make it! It definately was worth going to in my opinion.

Orlando is where my Vmax came from.
Unfortunately there isnt any drag strips around here. (other than a stretch of highway....lol)
BTW.....I bought a set of crash bars..... install them only for long rides.
Randy (not the one 82ndCowboy was referring to)

Dreamster66 said:
Orlando is where my Vmax came from.
Unfortunately there isnt any drag strips around here. (other than a stretch of highway....lol)
BTW.....I bought a set of crash bars..... install them only for long rides.
Randy (not the one 82ndCowboy was referring to)

Yeah I was refering to Randy Bullard in Jaxsonville. Sorry for the confusion.

Sounds like a blast. Houston Raceway Park is 4 miles from my house so I get to go as often as I want, plus it's a world class track.

What sort of times were the Vmax's getting?

We had some 12's, 11's and Thad has his bike on Fuel Injection, that he is trying to get dialed in, but he said he still needs more tunnning done, But he had the best times at 10.53 I think. Course, he's has the 1500 motor.
Even though his bike isn't properly tuned for the fuel injection yet, he beat a Busa 2 out of 3 runs. Busa took the 3rd run because he got a better start off the line that run, but it didn't pull away from the Thad's Max at all.
Walt Bishop posted a video in the yahoochat of a few of the runs.

Robert,I do not recommend getting a raptor,they are not designed for bikes or are they weather proof.I wish I would have bought something better.Mine quit already less than a year later.

82ndCowboy said:
The Drag Races at Orlando Speedworld was a blast!
I got there late... as usual. But that's going to stop happening from here on out.
There were 9 VMaxers (I think) there plus a few others (brothers wifes and so ons), plus A guy that came with one VMaxer on a Triumpth, and Randy's friend on the V-Rod. So yeah... it was a great turn out.
When I got there 4 of the guys had already run down the track twice and were sitting in the staging lane waiting on the 3rd run. I was going to watch and take pictures of the 3rd run and then get in on the forth run. But they had shut down to clean up oil off the track for 45 minutes and by the time they started back up again and let a bunch of the kids in their street cars run down the track it was 10 o-clock and the staging was closed. Then they let some pro stock cars run and one truck lost it and crashed about 1/3 down the track. So again the track was closed for over an hour. Randy's friend with the V-Rod got tired of waiting and left for his long ride back to Jaxs, Walt and Milly and the guy that came with them left, then Bill and Jerry decided to pack up thier bikes on the trailer but not leave yet. Just as soon they did that the track reopened and after few sets of cars ran down the track they ran the last run of bikes that stayed, so the last 3 Vmaxes ran down the track. We got all packed up and out of there around Midnight. And the last 6 of us went down to Steak & Shake.
I had a great time even though I didn't run down the track. It was a lil bit on the cool side for me, but all in all it was a great night. Can't wait to do it again. There was a consensus that there were way two many street cars that were just piloted by a bunch of kids who just wanted to run down the track eating up track time. There were about 30 or so bikes there, but about 200+ or so cars. Most every one agreed it would probably be better to go on a Wednesday night when all the kiddies and thier non hot rods weren't there. But then someone mentioned the Bradenton Street Drags would be alot better on a Saturday. So the next one I believe, will be in Bradenton. I plan on going. Mark Hayward ran his VMax for the first time and you could tell he has been bitten by the drag bug. He wants to go again next week already. I do too, but the below 60 temps puts a little kink in the fun factor for me.
I have just bumped a raptor shift light to the top of my wish list. And will be ordering one this weekend. LOL!
I definately put in my vote for doing this at least once a month. I'm thinking alternate between Orlando and Bradenton and even Gainesville (if they have a street drag night).
For those that missed it or weren't close enough. Sorry you couldn't make it! It definately was worth going to in my opinion.

shawn kloker said:
Robert,I do not recommend getting a raptor,they are not designed for bikes or are they weather proof.I wish I would have bought something better.Mine quit already less than a year later.

Too Late Already got it.
Thad had one on his Max and it looked good. And he loves it.
It was only 85 bucks. So No Big deal. I just wanted one for the next time I go to the track, so I won't have to worry about over revving the RPMs. I got it because It only has 3 wires to connect and it's pretty much idiot proof to set up. Plus the Red housing maches the Red pinstriping on my Max. LOL!
Raptor says they are working on making a waterproof one in the future for bikes though. Maybe by the time mine quits they will have em.

Back