Otec clear covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavgrab302

Reaction score
Hey guys about to buy the otec set of clear covers from exactrep but had a a few questions. Looking at the all alum, or the bi color to be honest. does the black/bi color match the gun metal paint used on the bike?
And two the all aluminum, any one clear coat these being aluminum absorbs a bit.
Does anyone even have the set or otec clear clovers.

No , I dont have any of that particular Otec bling but if you email Exactrep with your questions,
Cheryl and the tech people there are very helpful and will get right back to you.
Heck you might as well pick-up that full floating rear end while your at it;)

No , I dont have any of that particular Otec bling but if you email Exactrep with your questions,
Cheryl and the tech people there are very helpful and will get right back to you.
Heck you might as well pick-up that full floating rear end while your at it;)
What is the floating rear end?

Any set of engine covers that are anodized a color most likely will turn their color over time.

I know someone who bought a complete set for their Gen 2 years ago and they all turned color. The heat will do it.

I would first inquire with them and ask them if they can guarantee the color fastness.

A few owners including myself had the expensive Yamaha accessory catalog black billet covers, and they all turned purple.

Last edited:
Any set of engine covers that are anodized a color most likely will turn their color over time.

I know someone who bought a complete set for their Gen 2 years ago and they all turned color. The heat will do it.

I would first inquire with them and ask them if they can guarantee the color fastness.

A few owners including myself had the expensive Yamaha accessory catalog black billet covers, and they all turned purple.
You mean the ones painted I assume, they have black and bi-color. Are all the 2nd gen vmax engines that flaky matte black?

Agreed, paint or powdercoat are more durable for sun fade but don't have the same billet look. Of course chrome lasts well too.

V-maxMaerz.de has several rear ends but personally happy with length and tire size

You mean the ones painted I assume, they have black and bi-color. Are all the 2nd gen vmax engines that flaky matte black?

They're color anodized aluminum, not painted.

Powder coating will hold up well, I eventually had my purple parts powder coated black and they looked very good.

Screenshot_20200629-081125~2.png

Last edited:
v1.JPG v2.JPG This reminded me that I removed mine a while ago and never got around to selling them. They are as new - sitting in their original Yamaha box, complete with wrapping etc.
They were on the bike for a couple of years so they is a slight tinge of purple (which I tried to capture on the picture). It is most visible in direct sunlight. PM me if interested (I am in California).

Has anyone ordered from raats vmax / v-max.nl ? The VAT tax from exactrep is outrageous. 500$ in just the tax.

You should not have to pay VAT if shipped to USA unless the rules changed recently. There also should be a US distributor for Exactrep (forgot company) unless they went under. I have ordered from Raats years ago. They are reliable.

You should not have to pay VAT if shipped to USA unless the rules changed recently. There also should be a US distributor for Exactrep (forgot company) unless they went under. I have ordered from Raats years ago. They are reliable.
Yeah it was in the fine print. Lol still high. Raats seem cheaper substantially.

Anyone order from raats v-max.nl recently? They are substantially cheaper and I just cant pull the trigger knowIng prices are that different for the same items at other places.

Latest posts

Back