Other Project Done

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patate657

Brownsville, tx
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About done with one of my projects. When I bought it, it resembled a Cafe' Style Goldwing and not being a Fan of Cafe' Racers I kinda built it back up to a Cruiser Type.
Rebuilt the front Calipers and added new pads. The front Brake lines where bad. So being the cheap A$$ that I am, I put a set of 92' vMax front lines and they worked....! Had a new front tire installed and the Forks rebuilt. New Rear tire's waiting to go on. Changed the Handle Bars and some controls. Changed the Headlight Brackets. Added a Puig Bug Screen. Removed the Harley exhaust (Didn't want to look like a Honda and sound like Harley) and replaced it with the original exhaust, minus the tips.
I'm very happy with the outcome. Most of the engine's been powder coated. I just need to shine up the rest. I also ordered front and rear rims off a 79' Goldwing. This will bring it up another 1" front and back.
P3180005.JPGP3180006.JPGP3180007.JPGP3180008.JPGP3180009.JPGP3180010.JPG

Mother of Dragons Daenerys Targaryen Edition! It turned out OK. I like the early GW's. I had chances to get 'em but never bit.

Try some S100 cleaner on the entire bike.

Motorcycle customization, I realize, is a very personal thing. Purely subjective and reliant on the whims of the owner. But I am definitely not seeing where you changed the personality and character this motorcycle from a cafe to a cruiser. All you did was replace the cans and handlebars. By the way, those Sportster mufflers are one of the best sounding mufflers you can install on an Opening. Sound nothing like a Harley.

I really like this bike, but I think it was pretty much perfect by the way it was.

And do yourself a favor, change the timing belts. Trust me, that is the most important/critical thing you can do for that motorcycle.

Motorcycle customization, I realize, is a very personal thing. Purely subjective and reliant on the whims of the owner. But I am definitely not seeing where you changed the personality and character this motorcycle from a cafe to a cruiser. All you did was replace the cans and handlebars. By the way, those Sportster mufflers are one of the best sounding mufflers you can install on an Opening. Sound nothing like a Harley.

I really like this bike, but I think it was pretty much perfect by the way it was.

And do yourself a favor, change the timing belts. Trust me, that is the most important/critical thing you can do for that motorcycle.
Timing belts are done.
Too me I see and feel a big difference in handling and in my sitting comfort. I'm not finished yet. I will be putting a set of 79' wheels on it to inch it up a bit. After I bought this bike I drove it half a block and turned around went home and started my changes. Today I took the bike out for a ride and got a completely different feeling than I got the 1st time driving it. Since I was a kid, I never liked being hunched over driving a bike. I never liked laying way back and stretched neither. I liked being straight up over my pegs. That's what makes the vMax one of my Favorite bikes. Knowing that there is power beneath me too. But that's me.
I like to enjoy my rides. We all have our likes and dislike. If we all thought the same, it'd be a sad world.
As for the Sportster Mufflers I strongly disagree. They sounded terrible. Being on a Honda that sounded like a Harley. Nope...

Back