Ouch gentle reminder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great article. I have had the not fun experience of some severe road rash. I thought I was wearing enough clothes to protect myself when riding when I went down at 125 MPH on I495 just North of Boston. No amount of cloth clothing will work. It is a long proces to get back and I can still see the scars on my hands and body to remind me to have on my gear when riding.

Thanks for that story to prompt some others here to be safe. :clapping:

I ain't gotta tell you Kyle about how bad it is in Florida. I constantly tell my wife about how stupid these people around here are. Flip flops?, tank top and sunglasses. It hurt me to read this story. Only thing I could say is this girl should walk around with her head up and walking tall as she has paid the price and earned her stripes. To hear she still rides is both amazing and gutsy. I wish I knew her personally.

Guilty here too, and I've actually been down with roadrash and 4 fractures so I should know better..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Just had my first dump this past weekend luckly found a soft spot next to road to lay it down !! Bruised right ankle and bent engine guard . Great article and She still looks hot tho !!

I wear my helmet & boots most of the time but am bad about just wearing a sleevless tshirt . I am also guilty of taking short test rides in my subdivison with shorts & no helmet

read that quick and thought it said "with no shorts and a helmet" that scared me!

Wow... Great story. She's lucky to be alive to tell her story. If it's too warm with gear on, I simply don't ride. I watched a friend go down at 100mph wearing a sleeveless shirt and cargo pants back in 1998. His shoes and socks came off his feet and he landed on his face. He swears to this day that his full face helmet saved his life that night. Lucky for him, he ended up in a ditch rather than continue sliding on the pavement.

You guys know how I feel.

That was quite a story.

Patmax is right, the people in FL must have divine faith, the way they ride w/no protection. I see plenty of people in leathers, even in the summer, but the average idiot is wearing no helmet, a thin cotton t-shirt, a backwards baseball cap, jeans, and tennis shoes. A 'do-rag' is an acceptable substitute for the backwards baseball cap, evidently. I also laugh at the sportbike idiots who carry their helmets on the seat behind them, or in the lock-up for the 'd-ring.' I won't even mention the passengers.

Two road accidents for me, ironically either going to or from work on fire-rescue, neither my fault, both were ticket-issued moving violations for those who hit me, taught me that you can never have too-much protection. Each one was two+ months out of work. I made full recoveries, but am very lucky for what happened to me, and neither happened at speeds above 45 mph. "Hey, you should be able to stop in 30 ft from 30 mph, why didn't you?" Because when someone turns left in-front of you and stops across your lane, and there is oncoming traffic from the opposite direction, and traffic beside you, there arre no other options! Or, when you are crossing a bridge, and someone realizes they are in the wrong lane, and instead of going out of their way to continue across the bridge, and make a u-turn, they decide to change lanes and sideswipe you into three months later.

Kyle's description of riding "with two socks" left me laughing. I have seen him in his sleeveless shirts and hope that he at least uses a mesh armored jacket, which is my minimum torso coverage. I have gotten to use heavier gloves, I used to buy thinner 'summer gloves,' but now protect my hands better as a matter of choice. I still get significant capillary circulatory patterns on a cool day from where I had 2nd & 3rd degree abrasions across my palms from an incident when I didn't have gloves. The next time, I ruined a pair of gloves, but my hands were intact, thank god. We live, we learn.

Kyle, were they "tube socks", or 'anklets?':biglaugh: Gamorgo said: hopefully, three of them!

Inspiring story and a great reminder. ATGATT rider here with rare exception. No desires to have the asphalt removed from my skin with a wire brush.

You guys know how I feel.

That was quite a story.

Patmax is right, the people in FL must have divine faith, the way they ride w/no protection. I see plenty of people in leathers, even in the summer, but the average idiot is wearing no helmet, a thin cotton t-shirt, a backwards baseball cap, jeans, and tennis shoes. A 'do-rag' is an acceptable substitute for the backwards baseball cap, evidently. I also laugh at the sportbike idiots who carry their helmets on the seat behind them, or in the lock-up for the 'd-ring.' I won't even mention the passengers.

Two road accidents for me, ironically either going to or from work on fire-rescue, neither my fault, both were ticket-issued moving violations for those who hit me, taught me that you can never have too-much protection. Each one was two+ months out of work. I made full recoveries, but am very lucky for what happened to me, and neither happened at speeds above 45 mph. "Hey, you should be able to stop in 30 ft from 30 mph, why didn't you?" Because when someone turns left in-front of you and stops across your lane, and there is oncoming traffic from the opposite direction, and traffic beside you, there arre no other options! Or, when you are crossing a bridge, and someone realizes they are in the wrong lane, and instead of going out of their way to continue across the bridge, and make a u-turn, they decide to change lanes and sideswipe you into three months later.

Kyle's description of riding "with two socks" left me laughing. I have seen him in his sleeveless shirts and hope that he at least uses a mesh armored jacket, which is my minimum torso coverage. I have gotten to use heavier gloves, I used to buy thinner 'summer gloves,' but now protect my hands better as a matter of choice. I still get significant capillary circulatory patterns on a cool day from where I had 2nd & 3rd degree abrasions across my palms from an incident when I didn't have gloves. The next time, I ruined a pair of gloves, but my hands were intact, thank god. We live, we learn.

Kyle, were they "tube socks", or 'anklets?':biglaugh: Gamorgo said: hopefully, three of them!
LOL ! just 2 anklets & my neon lights on my goldwing had me shining. I was a little wilder back then. The funny part came when I got that big ass thing hot from riding around the park so much & my clutch quit working. Luckily by that time I was not to far from the camp so I did not have to push it to far.

Wow, great article....I almost got sick at my stomach thinking about how I could have done this much damage to my daughter last fall when she came off the back of my bike......

ATGATT

Back