Outlaw Fan Switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John R

Reaction score
I've been buying stuff for my '06. Bought the fan switch. It works like it is supposed to. My '06 had the 24mm switch which was a pain to remove and I had to get a socket. The instructions tell you to use a boxed end, which doesn't fit. I had to use a deep socket and it worked fine. Definitely don't overt ighten. The heat shrink tubes are too small for the new male connectors. At one point I wished I ahd bought the manual switch but after riding it a bit, I'm glad I bought the automatic switch. I would buy it all over again.

My fly-screen comes this week, so I'll post on that soon.

I wish I had hit the Lotto. Nah, just trinkets that I've bought over the year that I've had my '06. Nothing expensive, just stuff to dink around on the bike with.

I have been doing the same thing, just buying do dads.....nothing big time expensive....and the next thing I knew I had spent over $1600. If I had a unlimited budget I could have easily spent over $10K.
I realized that this is going to be a long time relationship and that I will have years of fun customizing Redbone. In the meantime, the yard needs to be finished and also a 32' x '36, infloor heated garage I need to get started on too. Lots to do in my short summer months!:thumbs up:

YEA, I BOUGHT THE SAME SWITCH , FROM VMAX OUTLAW , IT WORKS GREAT , THE CONNECTORS THEY GIVE YOU ARE S#*T, & I NEVER TRUST THEM ANYWAY , I SOLDERED MINE & USED SHRINK TUBE, THE THING THAT SUCKS , IS I MAY HAVE TO CUT THE WIRES & REDO THEM IF I EVER HAVE TO REMOVE IT, IF THEY WON'T TWIST ENOUGH , BUT I ALWAYS SAY " UNLIKE A RELATIONSHIP , SOLDER LAST'S FOREVER " "LOL"

I made my own for about 2 bucks... The switch cost me .50 cents from Auto-Zone off the clearance rack and I used wiring and heat shrink tubing that I had here.:banana: I did my buddies Viffer the same way.

I'm not an Angus Macgyver, so I have to buy my stuff.

The clips were okay for me. The problem I had was with the rubber o-ring. I torqued a little too much and it distorted. I puit it all back together again and ran it and it didn't leak. It bothered me all night, so the next day after work I removed the whole thing and started all over. It looks symetrical now but I'm thinking maybe I should have bought gasket material and permatex.

Maybe I have just a little Macgyver in me :)

Yeah, it works best to re-use the stock o-ring.

Mark

THATS RIGHT , I JUST REMEMBERD, THE SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME & I HAD TO USE THE STOCK "O" RING !:hmmm: WORKED GREAT !

Final thoughts on the fan switch.... it works like it said it would work. I would buy it again. Definatley make sure you use the heat shrink tubing. No need for the electrical tape. Make sure you don't warp the new o-ring by over torquing. I would watch the o-ring as you slowly tighten the nut. Also, if you have the 24mm OEM switch, a box end wrench will not work. You need to use a 24mm deep socket. The new switch has a 22mm nut and you can use either a box end or deep socket. I prefer the deep socket.

Back