Overheating issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
When ever I ride over 90mph for over half an hour or so, the bike will overheat and coolant will boil over. I run a supercharger so not sure if that is adding a lot of heat. But had the same prob before as well. Outside temp is usually in the 90s. Runs well other than the over heating issues.

I have added the lower thermostat and tried all kinds of different coolants.

Any other suggestions?

The supercharger is likely one of the main issues since it's adding heat as part of the compression of the air (Boyles Law). You can try the additives like engine ice, water wetter, et...) but likely it may end up needing a larger radiator, methanol/water injection, or even an intercooler to help control heat.

Sean

I have tried water wetter and not much difference. Will try a larger radiator as it seems most cost efficient and the OEM is rather old and beat up.

How would the other two work without huge mods?

I think I have a Rod Davis radiator around here i'd sell (a new one and a used one). You may also need to retard the timing a little which you'd do with the CDI box like the Dyna 3000.

Sean

I have 2015 and 5000 miles on it ,I was riding and he bike was over-heating and bottom fan was not coming on .I went to Yamaha dealer and my decision was like that
( cooling fan obstructed by road debris .Removed, fan/cooling system functioning normally) Paid $79.00 for it :(

Back