overheating

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a KTM390 DUKE as my work bike and it doesn't matter what the temperature of the day is, the reading on the bikes temperature gauge is always sitting close to the 'hot' mark and the fan comes on a lot, it never gets into the 'hot' area though, I thought it was a problem but the KTM dealer says it is normal,
my Vmax used to get close to the red zone at times but never went into it, since I have had my carbs balanced I have noticed the temperature gauge reads a bit lower overall now

Hello. This is a vrod radiator cover. Do you guys think that this item can be fitted to vmax 1200?
Hope I am not offending anyone.
Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-223127_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-223127_AliExpress.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2
Samy, get something designed for the VMax for a chin-spoiler if that's the look that you want. Instead of fussing with something which doesn't fir to begin-with, get the one designed for the bike. Avoid the 'gumption traps.'

Someone who is a skilled fabricator could make his own, but I'm sure that if that was your case, you'd be posting pics of your work: "here's what I did to my bike."

Take a look at the tin-knocking a skilled fabricator can-do, this KZ1000 had its tank, fenders, and side panels done by an artist, all-steel. Someone I've known since we were young.

Kawasaki Panaretis.jpg

Last edited:
Thank u for sincere response. I wil follow your suggestion. Many thanks once again

Sorry mate dont want discuss in the same way Your President does right now all time long but #fake news#.... "maintaned" properly (whats that sorry. You have to describe...) still this bike going higher temp unstable than other motorcycles/cars...... lots of owners are not certified by this... why dont they ask Yamaha about that ?
Dodge pickup =Yamaha ?
// Lars
You still have engine running hot ?

Does anyone have a brand or part number and where to buy for a lower thermostat for a 2019 vmax ? I can't find any info on the standard thermostat opening temp Cheers

Back