Paint Colors for 1986

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalbo

Reaction score
I have an '86 which is painted in a metallic maroon color. The quality of the paint looks as though it is original, although I have been told that although maroon was available in '86, 'metallic' maroon wasn't available until '92, so it may have been a good re-spray.
The previous owner has had some air brushed artwork done on the faux tank. I would like to have this re-painted.
I am having trouble finding the right color. If there is a color code for this it would be great, as where I live they do not have the technology to match, they have to do it by 'eye'. Does anybody know where the factory color code is located on the bike?

I had trouble opening that link, but I believe this is an earlier version I was able to open, also courtesy of Max Midnight.

ClickHandler.ashx

Captain Midnight, and his trusty sidekick.

Attachments

• VMAX paint codes and names.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 11
It's not that much more of a stretch to just go ahead and spray the fenders and rad shrouds along with the tank if your unable to find a match, besides then you can change the color to anything you like. I painted the YAMAHA letters on the scoops also and when I put down the clear coat I did the scoops too.

Removing the parts isnt that much work really. The most time consuming part was prepping. I used high end spray cans from an auto body shop and a 2k/Eastwood 2 part clear coat in a rattle can. I'm thrilled with the results. That two part clear coat is the best shit ever.

Attachments

• DSCN1181.jpg
    DSCN1181.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN2068.jpg
    DSCN2068.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 11
Back