Paint remove easy head light bracket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
If you have some old part needed to remove the paint off of them you may try brake fluid DOT-3 - it work for me. It can't hurt to try it. No hand work no mass.

I have a head light bracket that the black paint was scratch up a little that I was going to have it powder paint today but man the guy said to 10 days to paint it. He needed to keep the bracket for 8 days man that means no riding my vmax.

So yesterday I drop in a oil pan of brake fluid around 4:30 pm just to see what would happen and this morning at 6:30am I check it to see if any paint was remove. Man just about all the yamaha paint was off. Just very small spots about 3 came off easy with a rag.

I had a old can of wheel paint, I just repainted the bracket and clear coated for now. Come out "ok"

As you see in the pictures - I just pull it out of the oil pan.

Attachments

• vmax head light bracket painted.jpg
    vmax head light bracket painted.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 34
  • vmax headlight bracket paint.jpg
    vmax headlight bracket paint.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 33
  • vmax headlight bracket painted.jpg
    vmax headlight bracket painted.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 38
Often times, that bracket being at the front of the bike, takes a beating and they often are showing corrosion or pitting in the base metal. No amount of stripping will fix that. Another reason I like Powdercoating. I can just media blast a part like that front side and back side in 10 minutes, wipe it down with my solvent and start puffing the powder. Lasts for years. You can fill in the letters with contrasting paint if you want. I did one to match the black with red stripe factory wheels.

That bracket on my Max had been painted (very nicely prepped and coated). I used gasket remover and later polished the aluminum bracket to mirror finish. All on the same afternoon.

I used the brake fluid works real good, man soak 327 motor valve covers in it. Next day paint off no mass. Few of my friends told me to leave it the way I painted it matches the forks paint real close to it.

Latest posts

Back