Part number for spindle "taper" damper rod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonskif

Reaction score
I managed to broke one of damper rods "spindle tapers" see attachment photo.

I ordered new to my vmax 2003, part #GM-23173-00-00 it looks totally diffrent( see attachment)

The part I ordred cannot be the right one, damper rod do not fit in my opinion, the damper rod do not come out enough from this taper..

What is the right part to order?:ummm:

Attachments

• IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 28
That's the correct part number for an '03. They changed the number in 2005.

I think the only thing different about the one in 05+ is the top end of it. It would probably fit in an any 93+ fork anyway. Best to just order what's intended for your year though.

I probably have a match to your original. Email me an address to mail it to and a picture so I can match it up.

Ok thank you guys.

I still not sure part is right as you can see the photo nr. 2.

The new part I ordered is not allowing the damper rod to come out enough through the taper, this means that when I tighten the damper rod bolt to 42nm?, the new taper is going to crack?

Shouldn't the taper be at same level as the damper rod when it is installed or..

They did change over the years. As noted I probably have the correct used one hand hand. Just need a picture of the part you want emailed to me and i'll see if I have it and mail it off to you.

Sean

Once again Sean solved the issue got missing parts from him. Thank you!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Back