• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parting out 88 with thrown rod...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsneon

Reaction score
Parting out 88 Vmax and some parts off an 06. The 88 was doing great till about 3 weeks
ago when one of the rods punched a 6" hole in the front of the case.... Replaced it with an
06 which needed some TLC and swapped the stuff I liked with the the stuff I didn't. So if
you're in the mkt for max parts, let me know what you need and we'll discuss availability and
price. Please include a phone number .
Will try to keep listing updated when parts sell. Bike has 21K on
it.

Sold or cannibalized
carbs
front & rear tires
backrest
saddlebags
UFO fork brace
Corbin seat
lock set
06 seat
rear fender

Forgot to mention
spin on oil filter adapter
frame braces

Still Available
Orig seats off 88
Slipstreamer Hellfire windshield
most of the rest of the bike.....
Front rim off 06 (no rotors)
Frame, swing arm, drive line
Stock Exhaust, wiring harness
Tins, scoops, speedo, etc
Lights, signals,

I only check email, pm's, mssgs, etc once a day usually late evening.
I rarely get in a hurry - odd when you consider I'm on my 3rd vmax.

Attachments

• Vmax.jpg
    Vmax.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Interested in the windscreen, wheels & fairings. Pm me pricing shipped to 12203

Where is Wimberley ? If in the US , I would be interested in seeing a pic of the 17" rear wheel and how much you want for it.

Do you have both cylinder heads for sale? Or how much for the blown motor the way it sits.

Odly isn't in any hurry for sure. I've sourced out what I was looking for else where. If you make it to the forum again, let us know what's left. The vmax vultures are swarming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP's latest post was August 2016. Has anyone gotten a PM back from him?

I'm thinking they should remove unresponsive posts like this one as it wastes everyone's time....no????
Jim

I'm thinking they should remove unresponsive threads like this one as it wastes everyone's time....no????
Jim

Not knowing the circumstances, he could be no-longer involved, or he could be ill, injured, or worse-R.I.P.

I think the easiest thing to do is to ignore the thread, and look to more-responsive members for your parts. If someone hears from him, I'm sure we'll hear about it eventually.

I'm thinking they should remove unresponsive threads like this one as it wastes everyone's time....no????
Jim

Attachments

• VMax engine out.JPG
    VMax engine out.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back