Parting the 90 model out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am parting the 90 model out I just bought if any one needs any thing. Dave (Spec Op 13) came by & got a jump on the parts. he bought the rear fender ,faux cover,Vboost control & side covers every thing else is still there. The bike ran really good except no 2nd gear which I am gonna fix once I take the motor out & then sell it to. The carbs are in good shape & I made sure all the diaphrams were good while I was at it. It has jardine slip on pipes they sound almost like my dale walker's the left can has a dent in it but overall they dont look to bad. If any one wants to call my number is 813-270-0000 leavea message if no answer & I will call back asap.

Attachments

• 1990 vmax 001.jpg
    1990 vmax 001.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 1990 vmax 002.jpg
    1990 vmax 002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 1990 vmax 003.jpg
    1990 vmax 003.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 1990 vmax 005.jpg
    1990 vmax 005.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1990 vmax 006.jpg
    1990 vmax 006.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I am parting the 90 model out I just bought if any one needs any thing. Dave (Spec Op 13) came by & got a jump on the parts. he bought the rear fender ,faux cover,Vboost control & side covers every thing else is still there. The bike ran really good except no 2nd gear which I am gonna fix once I take the motor out & then sell it to. The carbs are in good shape & I made sure all the diaphrams were good while I was at it. It has jardine slip on pipes they sound almost like my dale walker's teh left can has a dent in it but overall they dont look to bad.

how much for the scoops and/or rotors?

I can vouch for the engine running good, it's a shame the problem wasn't the shift segment. It would have been a good bike for kyle to fix up. Minimal work would have been required. I was there when he opened it up and when he checked the diaphragms. Carbs looked GTG and, they're coming of a running motor.

Yes, I jumped on some parts to help with my 89....:biglaugh:

After searching for 5 hours, for a carb part I dropped ,:bang head::bang head: Kyle had a box of junk carbs with just the part I needed. The tiny little plastic washer with an alignment pin on it that goes on the needle. Mine vanished from this planet last night and I saw it fall..

I'll go ahead and ask to get it out of the way.
Backrest?
Jardines?

And for my interest, how many miles on that speedo, and how much?

I NEED THE CHAIN TENSIONER !!! lol

How are the seats? After repairing the middle section twice, now the rear seat just started to split. I'd love one of Sean's custom jobs, but that's not in my budget at the moment...

PS - how much for the dyno in 2 weeks? 50 USD ? I may tell the wife that's what I want from Santa...

Last edited:
Email me if you need a tensioner. I'll dig one out of the trash and send it to you (had too many on hand).

Sean

Kyle showed me the Chain Tensioner for a VMax. He had one there.:rofl_200:

PS: The Jardines sound great, If I didn't already have a 4-1 Kerker on the 89, they'd already be gone. What he's mentioned, concern over for a dent, to me isn't much. It sure wouldn't keep me from buying them.

I'll go ahead and ask to get it out of the way.
Backrest?
Jardines?

And for my interest, how many miles on that speedo, and how much?
$ 300 for back rest $ 250 for the pipes. The back rest needs polished. Actually I am gonna wait a few days before the I sell the back rest because I am gonna take it & have it powder coated & then switch it out with the one on my 85. The speedo has 34,500 on it & works great but the case looks like crap all the chrome is coming off $ 25 bucks. If my powder coater works with me I am gonna have the other back rest done after I get the first one back & the price will probably go up some.

I NEED THE CHAIN TENSIONER !!! lol

How are the seats? After repairing the middle section twice, now the rear seat just started to split. I'd love one of Sean's custom jobs, but that's not in my budget at the moment...

PS - how much for the dyno in 2 weeks? 50 USD ? I may tell the wife that's what I want from Santa...
Dyno is $ 50 The seat needs recovered. I am trying to decide if I want to take it to my seat guy & get it redone.

I had a couple people ask about the carbs. I am asking $ 325 plus shipping the first person that ask will have first choice the same goes with the scoops $ 125 bucks for them. I am waiting on a reply from the first 2 people & we will go from there.

The Jardines and Back Rest are very reasonable at what CaptainKyle's asking. He won't have any trouble selling them for that much or more on Ebay. The Scoops are very reasonable too. They've got some scratches in the left side, I believe it's only the clear coat. I'd have bought them for what he's asking. I was afraid to ask the price but obviously should have. Seat definitely needs recovered but it's a good start. The carbs are a steal at what he's asking.

All JMHO...

If you guys pass on this stuff, I'll be picking some more of it up. Kyle, Put me on the list to check with. please..

Will take the clutch/brake levers.

Need your address to send $$$

Jester 42

Also if any one wants to call me about this stuff my number is 813-270-0000 if I dont answer leave a message & I will call back asap. Also some one wask me about brake rotors. I was asking $ 75 for all 3 plus shipping.

Back