Pawn Stars show editors are full of crap!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet you like to watch Pawn Stars on History Channel. Rick and Hoss and Chumlee are all riders. It's fun to see what people bring-in, and what the shop offers them. Of course, people want retail, and the shop offers much-lower because they need to make a profit.

On a show, "Thirty Something," about buying Chumlee a surprise H-D FXR (1985) for his 30th birthday, so he could ride with Rick and Rick's son to Sturgis, the 'factoid ribbon' at the bottom of the screen made an outrageous claim. "What is the world's fastest motorcycle?" they asked.

They claimed the answer was that piece of advertising/promotion that Dodge made from a Viper engine, the Tomahawk! It goes 350 mph!, they claimed.
What a load of crap!

I was so-incensed by their b.s. claim that I fired-off an email to the show telling them that the bike has never been ridden to a speed one-quarter of that! It would go faster, safer, if someone dropped it off a cliff where it could at-least reach terminal velocity. Then the rider could jump free and us a parachute or a squirrel suit, or something.

Thousands of ignorant people will now believe that a car manufacturer makes the "world's fastest motorcycle," and I'm not referring-to Honda.

Wasn't it Scott Russell, one of America's most-successful road racers, who dumped it during an exhibition ride? If he can't control it what chance do we mere mortals have?

I call, "B.S." on the History Channel. And, I'll still watch Pawn Stars.

I saw that a while ago and got a good chuckle from it. I like how whenever anyone has a non-HD motorcycle they ask if they are "upgrading" to a HD by selling it.

One of my fire-rescue co-workers had a Cobra trike w/a 350 4-bbl & 10" wide wheels in-back. I offered to race him anytime he wanted, and he never would. I had just bought my VMax, it was a year-old, and I also had (and still-have) an FZR1000, I offered him the pick of whichever bike he wanted to race.

Lose one of those V-8 things an you'll get squashed like a bug.

The video of Alan Millyard was cool, he made a V-8 from two Yamaha sportbike four's, I think it may have been the FZR400, for an 800 cc V-8. I think he will make similar combos of different sizes for a fee which is about equal to a full dresser CVO H-D~ $35,000.

After the video was over, I liked the many, many cylinder two-stroke, I've seen pics of that before, but never heard it run. Tell your wife it's the Tim Allen-endorsed Mosquito Control Device:portable!

He's done some amazing Kawasaki triples (4 or 5 cylinder mods...) and a V12 KZ1300 6!

not a viper motor but is a big block.. the second race is great..:rofl_200: up in smoke:rofl_200:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI_GvCl8ei8

Yeah, the 2nd race clearly shows the reason why the Boss Hoss would NEVER stand a chance in a race. It just cannot get the needed traction.

I would love to design a dragbike using a V-8, and where it is ONLY gonna be used 1/4 mile at a time, darksiding is a necessity. (thinking a 15" wide Mickey Thompson drag tire, as well as a wheelie bar)

Bet it would be fun as shit to ride down the 1320

"I would love to design a dragbike using a V-8, and where it is ONLY gonna be used 1/4 mile at a time"

See EJ Potter, the MI Madman.
http://thekneeslider.com/e-j-potter-the-michigan-madman-r-i-p/

ku-xlarge.jpg

Dig that vertical fork! And we complain about our VMax's handling! Don't even bother thinking about relying on a (not very-big) drum front brake from 145 mph! From the '60's and about as-fast as a 'Busa. Made in the proud tradition of farmyard engineering!

Back