Pea shooter rev

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin1200

Reaction score
I recently bought a 99 vmax that had been sitting awhile.it was slow to return on idle so i did pea shooter cleaning method.eveytime i shot cleaner into air jet i gotta good rev about 2500 only in left front .cleaned all others nothing.i put it back together. sprayed carb clean around intake it reved.these orings a common problem? I ordered new orings and all new boots.also made a homemade manometer thoughts all 4 are teed together and i was gonna use green rubbing alcohol.its 3/8 tube choked down to 1/8

Attachments

• 20150731_150503.jpg
    20150731_150503.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 41
Are you talking about the intake manifold O-rings? I confess to putting a ring of high temp. sealer over them even when new. But I tend to be fanatical about sealing.

Sounds like a cracked intake boot to me. Never had a problem with an o-ring. They will flatten but never seen one crack.

Yeah guys the orings where intake meets head was sucking wind but also had 4 of 4 vboost joints cracked also still waiting on rubbers to show up i suspect over tightening to whoever done shim under bucket service the felt like they where gonna break

Back