Pea shooter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
Hi guys .I did the Pea shooter today .probably the easiest bike to do it on .What other bike can you remove the top cover about 10 screws and viola your looking at four carbs in less than five minutes.My wife says I should get a more tame bike like a Honda magna 750, so she can ride with me once in a while.I like the magna but at 750cc and about 90 h.p. its not bad for a v4 but its no V MAX and doesnt come close even with a vance and hines exhaust for sound.I guess thats the only other power cruiser I would want to be on other than my Max.Has anyone ridden the Magna and how is it?.

My first was a 700 sabre. My buddy has a 750 magna. V4 is awesome, redline at 10.5k but I felt like it wasn't enough bike for me after riding it for 3 weeks.

I hear it is pretty fast for a 750 and could be the bike to beat at 750 cc but, it gives up too many cc and ponies to keep pace with the V max.I see them on craigslist here in town 1995-2005 with low milage running for 3000-4000 dollars.

the 750 magnas are great bikes.....dont have the low end torque of the famous v65 tho.....or the vmax. nice bikes tho none the less. comfy to ride also.

I hear that the old v65s had premature cam wear .They were pretty fast though.there is a youtube vid of a v65 running a v max .The v65 got the holeshot but the Max shot right on by after a short while.

I hear that the old v65s had premature cam wear .They were pretty fast though.there is a youtube vid of a v65 running a v max .The v65 got the holeshot but the Max shot right on by after a short while.

the cam wear was mostly on the early bikes....some say it was bcuz of low oil pressure to the heads...and i also did a TON of research and discovered that it was more likely a result of weak camshaft construction....at any rate...very few bikes fell victim...and i personally owned a 85 v65 and put 12k miles on it with no cam issues...but i did install the top end oil mod on mine just in case:biglaugh:.

Guess it depends which magazine you read at the time. I owned a V65 and it beat the Vmax in the 1/4 mile in 1985. Still have the magazine somewhere.

the cam wear was mostly on the early bikes....some say it was bcuz of low oil pressure to the heads...and i also did a TON of research and discovered that it was more likely a result of weak camshaft construction....at any rate...very few bikes fell victim...and i personally owned a 85 v65 and put 12k miles on it with no cam issues...but i did install the top end oil mod on mine just in case:biglaugh:.

Just the first year (83) had the cam problem, and yes, it was poor grade cam material. The 84 and 85 upgraded the cam and they did not have any more problems. I had an 83 and it did have the cam problem, many of the 83's did and Honda did a recall and fixed it for free.( for the original owner)

Re: Magna. I own a fully restored 85 Magna 700 and V65 1100. The 700 is NOT about power. It's a precision, smooth, easy to ride 85 hp at the rear wheel. Meant to ride at 5,000 rpms. The V65 is about 70 percent of the Max in the first 3 gears, and the last three is about 85 percent of the max, and then in the staight away it will run close to the max if fully modified with kERKER FOUR INTO 1. bUT IT'S CLOSE.

I like the 700 to ride touring and easy going. But if you run to 7K rpms and up, you have about 80 hp at your finger tips with a 450 lb bike.

Jack

Latest posts

Back