Performance Camshafts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For stock engine the gain is so minimal that it is not worth the cost (not enough piston clearance). For a larger engine then the gains start to work well and you can get more midrange and or top end power. I sell them for $700 exchanged. You'll also need heavy duty springs which we can also provide.

That's why I was asking. Thanks for your help. Any gains from thinner head gaskets or are they not worth it either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More compression, now you're talking. Probably as good as any bang for the buck after exhaust and carb kits.

I can get a variety of thickness of gaskets and you can go a little thinner. Pair of gaskets should be under $100 with shipping. BUT, a lot of effort will be involved. Not terrible but nothing that's a few hour deal.

Stock is approx .032". We usually use .027" on the normal builds. BUT, I can get them thinner. I want to say as thin as .015". You could get a single OEM gasket and use the outer layers (one layer for each head) and discard the center layer. Never done that personally but I know that's an old trick.

Sean

Latest posts

Back