Peter Fonda

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was underrated as an actor. I believe he invented the modern biker movie (after The Wild Ones (1953) and Motorcycle Gang (1957)). Wild Angels (1966) preceded the Tom Laughlin biker movie, The Born Losers (1967).

I liked Yulee's Gold, which showed his depth in a drama, and Wild Hogs which was a great comedy. Race With The Devil was scary, if you weren't for the RV group, you are probably a devil-worshiper. The Limey with Terence Stamp was a good story along the lines of what Liam Neeson seems to have made a later-in-life career out-of, the vengeful parent/husband killing everyone against him (Taken series).

Last edited:
He was underrated as an actor. I believe he invented the modern biker movie (after The Wild Ones (1953) and Motorcycle Gang (1957)). Wild Angels (1966) preceded the Tom Laughlin biker movie, The Born Losers (1967).

I liked Yulee's Gold, which showed his depth in a drama, and Wild Hogs which was a great comedy. Race With The Devil was scary, if you weren't for the RV group, you are probably a devil-worshiper. The Limey with Terence Stamp was a good story along the lines of what Liam Neeson seems to have made a later-in-life career out-of, the vengeful parent/husband killing everyone against him (Taken series).[/Q

Memory is shot, but I think it was 1970 when I saw Easy Rider on a white plywood screen at either LZ English or LZ Uplift. After seeing it I thought when I get back home I want to travel the country on a motorcycle. And I did.

Found these in some paperwork in the basement.

Attachments

• V Max 1 001.jpg
    V Max 1 001.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 34
  • V Max 2 001.jpg
    V Max 2 001.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 33
  • V Max 1 001.jpg
    V Max 1 001.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 30
  • V Max 2 001.jpg
    V Max 2 001.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 29
These also. This may have been after they skipped a year,,was it 87?

Attachments

• V max a 001.jpg
    V max a 001.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 20
  • V Max b 001.jpg
    V Max b 001.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 26
  • V Max c 001.jpg
    V Max c 001.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 24
  • V Max d 001.jpg
    V Max d 001.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 23
Peter Fonda was the reason I bought a motorcycle. Saw Easy Rider and when I walked out of the theatre I said
I've got to get a bike with the same paint job on it as in the movie. Bought a 750cc Honda and raked the front
end took mufflers off to insert baffles in the pipes. Was kind of loud but I still loved it. Had it about 7 years until
the V-65 came out. Crazy fast at the time. Loved it for 23 years til the new Max came out. Still have it and love it
every day I take it out............

Back