phoenix metro 'maxers...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Reaction score
hello,

I am in the phoenix metro area and recently got my second vmax. this 85 is in need of mechanical help. I am able to do my own work but could use a maxer buddy with vmax specific mechanical knowledge to provide the benifit of some experience in this area. my known issues at this point are in the tranny section, will not shift.

also will be looking to hook up with any body on a vmax once I am up and running. I enjoy street and strip riding and get out to the dragstrip when I can in the winter time.

so if you are in town.... Post up & pm me !!!

NOBODY...!!!??

seriously.... whare are the arizona vmaxers hiding ????

dont be shy guys!

thanks for posting up kozy !! glad to see Im not alone in this town..

we'll definately have to hook up

Most of the local Vmaxers don't do much here on this forum...they're on here, just don't do much. I've got all their numbers though. We need to get your bike in tip-top shape so you can come riding with us!

Hey Bacchus,

Kozy is talkin' about me (among others) not doing much here. We hooked up for a great ride before it got hot last spring.

We have to do more. I'm ready - and I know that bright orange beast of his is ready.

Say the word. Now that I have the "carp" outta my carbs (See "Trouble in Paradise" thread) I'm whole again.

See ya.

I am also in the Phoenix area, actually out in east mesa. I am down right now doing solid motor mounts, bracing and notching the swing arm, frame braces and changing some jetting. Unfortunatly with school and the holidays I probably wont have it all together until probably the end of the year.

Richard

richard, thanks for posting up, hope to meet you soon.
my max is also down.... looks like a turkey after thanksgiving day dinner actually... motor is out and case halfs are split, trans issue is getting repaired... will be a while for me as well

Any of you guys still game for some riding? We're into prime season right now....I'm tearing the carbs apart and tinkering with things this weekend/week and I should be good to go by next weekend! (key words there are "should be")

Hey, anyone in the area want to go pick something up for me? Probably need it shipped which will be easiest by greyhound I think.

Sean

Hey, anyone in the area want to go pick something up for me? Probably need it shipped which will be easiest by greyhound I think.

Sean

Sure thing. You've helped me out plenty enough times, I will help you out as long as I'm able.
Details?

I think Rich F. lives in Mesa where the part is and said he will help me out. If not though I will be letting you know! Thanks again!

Sean

I don't know who Rich F is....but if you talk to him, let him know I'm organizing a ride on April 16th! I only know of a few other Maxxers out here so far. ALways needing to meet more!

Glad to help out if you need it. Just let me know!

New Max owner here. It's still hell hot, but as the weather comes around, would love to meet up with some of you guys. Just bought the Max to replace my FZ1. A bunch of us used to go out to the Hideaway in Cave Creek to freak out the Hardly crowd. On a Max, it would be fun.

Hope to meet you guys soon. While I'm here, who is the go-to mechanic for VMaxes in the Phoenix area? It'd be great to find a private shop.

I am in Sedona Az which is about (2hrs) 100 miles north of you. If you ever make it up this way there are plenty of nice wide open roads or take the 89A up to Flagstaff. :biglaugh:

New Max owner here. It's still hell hot, but as the weather comes around, would love to meet up with some of you guys. Just bought the Max to replace my FZ1. A bunch of us used to go out to the Hideaway in Cave Creek to freak out the Hardly crowd. On a Max, it would be fun.

Hope to meet you guys soon. While I'm here, who is the go-to mechanic for VMaxes in the Phoenix area? It'd be great to find a private shop.

:punk: Hey,Sauron, try Eastside Performance on Broadway and Alma School in Mesa. TJ is the owner and Brent who works for him rides a VMAX and works on them. They are very good at fixing maxes and great people to work with. 480-649-4440 is the phone number. Good Luck, Spurs

I am in Sedona Az which is about (2hrs) 100 miles north of you. If you ever make it up this way there are plenty of nice wide open roads or take the 89A up to Flagstaff. :biglaugh:

AWESOME! I'm planning to ride the beast up to Jerome either next weekend or the one following. Used to cruise up that way on the FZ once a year with my buds. This time, probably taking a girl along pillion (I just put on a Corbin, and it seems better than the stock seat).

:punk: Hey,Sauron, try Eastside Performance on Broadway and Alma School in Mesa. TJ is the owner and Brent who works for him rides a VMAX and works on them. They are very good at fixing maxes and great people to work with. 480-649-4440 is the phone number. Good Luck, Spurs

Thank you very much, Spurs! Just what I needed. I have a few things I want to get checked out on the beast. It has low mileage for a '99 (18K), and has been tastefully modified and well maintained, but I do want it completely checked over. I just rode it to Tucson and back via the 79 and it was great.

Back