Phone mounts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
What are some of you guys using for phone mounts? I have a HTC one and would like to be able to use my GPS while riding, thanks!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I recommend RAM mounts. Have been using for years. They have many options.

I recommend RAM mounts. Have been using for years. They have many options.

Do you or anyone have any experience with their x grip phone mounts? It would definitely be the most convenient but it just doesn't look super secure to me? Thanks for replying bud!

I carry my phone on my bars with an XGrip mount. Works fine, and ain't dropped it yet!

RAM Xgrip is very secure. Extreme test was trashing my Triumph at highway speeds ... my phone was retrieved from the Xgrip mounted to my Triumph by the state trooper to notify folks I was taking a helicopter ride. The same Xgrip is now mounted to my Max.

RAM Xgrip is very secure. Extreme test was trashing my Triumph at highway speeds ... my phone was retrieved from the Xgrip mounted to my Triumph by the state trooper to notify folks I was taking a helicopter ride. The same Xgrip is now mounted to my Max.

Holy shit!! I guess it doesn't get anymore secure than that!! Glad your alright bud! Thanks to everyone who responded, now I have to figure out if the clutch/brake master cyl mount RAM sells will fit stock Vmax masters.

Holy shit!! I guess it doesn't get anymore secure than that!! Glad your alright bud! Thanks to everyone who responded, now I have to figure out if the clutch/brake master cyl mount RAM sells will fit stock Vmax masters.

They will fit. Will attach some pics of my setup. There are numerous ways to set these up. I can attach two items using extensions or just one on either ball mount. For example a GPS or phone on the top ball with an extension and a cup (beer) holder on the lower one. :biglaugh:

RAM makes specific mounts for most items.

Attachments

• Handlebar Right.jpg
    Handlebar Right.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Controls - Right - R.jpg
    Controls - Right - R.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 68
They will fit. Will attach some pics of my setup. There are numerous ways to set these up. I can attach two items using extensions or just one on either ball mount. For example a GPS or phone on the top ball with an extension and a cup (beer) holder on the lower one. :biglaugh:

RAM makes specific mounts for most items.

Perfect!! Exactly what I was looking for so thank you!!

Perfect!! Exactly what I was looking for so thank you!!

You don't have to have two ball mounts. I just added one for flexibility.

Yea I was just gonna do the standard top mount one but I'm gonna do mine on the clutch side so I can snap a quick pic here and there and have access to my GPS on my phone with my left hand and not have to come off the throttle with my right or reach across with my left but I do like your setup! Thanks a ton bud!

I need 1 to, the 1 I had broke off. Can vmaxer's post pictures of the 1's they have install and the pro's and con's about them.

This Ram Phone mount works great for me. I'll get pictures tomorrow. Here is a pic with an HTC mounted in it.
Ram makes a ton of different ways to mount your phone/ gps/ camera/ etc. to your handlebars or other locations.
This is what I use to hold my iphone 5, which is in a water resistant Lifeproof case: RAMMOUNT: ram-hol-pd3u (Under $20)
View attachment 42677
The bottom two posts are fixed, all four of the side posts are adjustable to the width of you phone and the the top two posts are spring loaded which has a pretty strong spring to hold your phone.
I have been on bumpy ass roads, to 140 mph many times and it has never moved.
I have a Ram ball mount that replaces the clamp bolt.
I also have a Burns Moto USB charger with a SAE adapter (like Battery Tender) for my phone.

They sure do have a lot of mounts available. Here is what I am thinking of getting after reading this thread and having an Amazon gift card to burn...

http://www.amazon.com/Mounts-Brake-...d=1401312506&sr=8-1&keywords=ram+brake+clutch
2 ball mount that attaches to brake or clutch master

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KWPJ04...TF8&colid=110NFJ5TBMBFG&coliid=I28K1NLDH5VQLE
Ball to ball adapter

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088LL7UA...TF8&colid=110NFJ5TBMBFG&coliid=I2EI5YC62XCSX2
Phone holder

http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounts-RAM-B-238-2-43-Diamond/dp/B002KO5XVU/ref=pd_bxgy_cps_img_y
Ball adapter for phone holder

That would be all I need to get started, right? I am going with the double ball mount so I have the ability to expand in the future should I want to, the 2nd ball will not be utilized yet.

I have all of those items and more. Did you check if they have a specific mount for your phone? Also have waterproof cases both specific and generic. Or at least they used to. I have one of those also.

I have all of those items and more. Did you check if they have a specific mount for your phone? Also have waterproof cases both specific and generic. Or at least they used to. I have one of those also.

Figured I'd go with generic so I can use a GPS or my phone up there. Phone wise I swap them out too often to get a custom mount for each one :rofl_200:

I guess I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on that setup, I have wanted a good mount on my bike but without hearing reviews from people I trust its hard to figure out what will work best.

I don't have any of them, just an Amazon card begging to be used. Going to go ahead and order it now, I'll report back how it works out.

Back