Photo shop help request

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguy

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of recreating my '04 as followes:
mark's exhaust
Morley jet kit
yellow paint job
powder coated wheels
My problem is deciding on a color combo that is subtle, yet visually appealing and nothing over the top,( no 'cards in the spokes' and rotating beacons ).
Right now I'm looking at the factory 94 oem yellow on the faux tank, scoops and side covers with black powder coated wheels and possibly yellow wheel stripes.
I have looked at all of the gallery stuff and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.
Could I get one of the photo shop guru's to post some combinations using yellow paint and some different ways to go with the scoops, side covers and wheels?
I'm open to whatever looks good,(chrome, black, whatever) again as long as it's not going in the direction of George Barris.
Thanks in advance, oh did I mention that Sean Morley has graciously agreed to take on the project?
Jack.

I'm on the verge of recreating my '04 as followes:
mark's exhaust
Morley jet kit
yellow paint job
powder coated wheels
My problem is deciding on a color combo that is subtle, yet visually appealing and nothing over the top,( no 'cards in the spokes' and rotating beacons ).
Right now I'm looking at the factory 94 oem yellow on the faux tank, scoops and side covers with black powder coated wheels and possibly yellow wheel stripes.
I have looked at all of the gallery stuff and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.
Could I get one of the photo shop guru's to post some combinations using yellow paint and some different ways to go with the scoops, side covers and wheels?
I'm open to whatever looks good,(chrome, black, whatever) again as long as it's not going in the direction of George Barris.
Thanks in advance, oh did I mention that Sean Morley has graciously agreed to take on the project?
Jack.
You have made a wise decision to go with Sean, you're Vmax will pay you back many times over in the coming years!
Sorry, but I'm no photoshop guru. KJ might have it already got 'er done but he's in the midst of some midterm exams.

I'm surprised KJShover hasn't posted something in this thread, as he is quite good with PS (or Paint... not sure what he uses).

Gimme a "what you want" and a side profile view of your ride (or similar) and I'll knock it out this weekend. I've been busy this week with mid terms otherwise I'd been all over it :)

Here you go.
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
Jack.

Attachments

• my 2004 vmax 003.jpg
    my 2004 vmax 003.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 33
I added some accent yellow to the bikes color (manifold cover, water pump cover, etc). The speedo cup and the upper part of the scoops and side panels chrome with the lower portions yellow.
For the faux tank, ppl seem to like the dual racing stripes. IMO thats played out. So for a stripe, I gave a little retro-Yamaha tribute to Kenny Roberts , just a tad different from the original stripe.

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 3vsmax_lg+2005_yamaha_vmax+gauges_view.jpg
    3vsmax_lg+2005_yamaha_vmax+gauges_view.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 32
Exactly, there was one on the tele while I was thinking about what to do. So I combined the diminishing lengths of the Cuda's stripe with Roberts' bike.

Attachments

• n475696_221182_Kenny+Roberts+Sr+on+track+for+Yamaha+in+his+time+as+a+rider-1280x960-may15_jpg__o.jpg
    n475696_221182_Kenny+Roberts+Sr+on+track+for+Yamaha+in+his+time+as+a+rider-1280x960-may15_jpg__o.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1970-plymouth-aar-cuda-1.jpg
    1970-plymouth-aar-cuda-1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 8
Exactly, there was one on the tele while I was thinking about what to do. So I combined the diminishing lengths of the Cuda's stripe with Roberts' bike.

Very well done........combining Yamaha racing history and one of the greatest muscle cars of all time......:clapping:

Back