Pic of installed $10 fuel pump.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That oughta git-er-done. Same config as the Mr Gasket Im running but 1/4 the price!

LOL! Man I thought you were bullshittin about the tape and bailing wire I see on those other components. What is that, a sort of homemade heatsink with the R written on it?
I bought zink plated metal plate about 10" x 1.5" and made brackets for COP resistors. Bail wire should work fine to hold cement resistor to bracket.
20210915_230509.jpg

It's kinda what I said to do in another thread but I suggested making a sandwich with aluminium plate (it's a better conductor of heat) and using silicone thermal compound to allow better transfer of heat.

The arrangement you have is what I would term as an emergency roadside repair It would not take a huge amount of time nor money to do what I would term a proper job.

I'd be wary using plastic coated wire, the plastic may melt and the wire may expand more than the ceramic resistor body so the resistor is not held in as good contact with the heatsink.

How hot are the resistors getting now?

I used bare wire for rebar (concrete work). Its condition is easy to control, but it would be better to use hose clamps. Definitely it would look more reliable.
Resistor temperature is less than 200, but I need to ride the bike and check with infra thermometer. Current and temperature depends on RPM.

I am more interested in seeing how long a cheap chinese fuel pump lasts.
There are many complaints in gun community about cheap 1911s. Guess what? Friend of mine paid 2500 for STI 1911 and sent it for warranty repair. I paid about 350 for frame and parts kit and put it together myself, just needed small file... There is no need to send mine for warranty repair, I still have the file... ;)
Have fun:
https://www.sarcoinc.com/1911-45-cal-builders-kit-all-parts-less-frame-includes-new-slide/

Content deleted, see post #8.

I think your rage is misplaced. Might I suggest something? Read up on the original author of the thread. I was merely making a comment that cheap chinese crap fails quickly. So it would be interesting to see how long this cheap crap works on the original authors bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
DreamV4 is outsmarting Yamaha here, from left to right. I bet that when this chinese fuel pump breaks he fixes it with something like a tootbrush or something. Not my way of doing things but interesting to follow, never know whats next 😄

Now you are being silly.

A toothbrush is far too expensive, it would be fixed with some used chewing gum and paperclips.

DreamV4 is outsmarting Yamaha here, from left to right. I bet that when this chinese fuel pump breaks he fixes it with something like a tootbrush or something. Not my way of doing things but interesting to follow, never know whats next 😄
1. I was repairing 84 Corvette, I installed coolant heater valve from some Dodge. $13 new. I didn't have a choice, Corvette valves were not manufactured anymore.
2. 91 BMW 525. I installed coolant fan, which was from unknown car, paid $20 from junk yard. The fan was removed already. I drove the BMW with this fan at least a year before selling.
3.when I was selling this BMW, buyer found a problem: blower fan was running non-stop. Blower speeds were controlled by transistors and one of them was shorted. Transistor was disabled and one of speeds didn't work anymore but fan could be stopped.
4. Fan switch from Geo Metro fits 84 GoldWing.
5. I used fuel pump from Toyota for some GM car.
Idea is: more you know, less you pay.

This is pretty bad wish for bike forum. You shouldn't wish that to any biker. You shouldn't go on Vmax forum and wish some Vmax...
This is article about foreign parts of Harley, including China.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/mone...ic-americana-foreign-sourced-parts/741163002/

Well the poor guy must not have a television, monitor or computer since you can't get away without buying one with Chinese parts. He also might look into the car he's driving. Probably a few "Made in China" parts there.

Not quite sure but China seems to be getting more freedom while here in the USA we can't even say how we feel about things without repercussions.

Anyway, sometimes the cheap way out works. I love to try the cheap, or the free way first. It's like rolling the dice. When you do gamble you're not out the farm. Sometimes you can win. Often with the expensive way I open a can of worms and it costs way more that I initially thought.

Post deleted, see post #8
WTF...! A lot of the stuff you use daily is Chinese Made. You'd be surprised what you have, that is Chinese made. Also Half the stuff we hear about China is Media crap.
As for wishing ill luck on a fellow member, 'That's wrong!' As Americans we use and do what we want (With in REASON) and on the other hand, you can chose not to. This kind of Attitude is what starts separating us...

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine starts very hard and stalls. If my fuel pump doesn't pump... I'll let you know, so some of you can laugh... 😭 It is OK.:)

Post deleted-content is calling for possible harm, and financial loss.
You forgot it may cause impotence, and more than likely it will cause ED. Instead of editing me, why don't you just man up and suspend me for ???

I think your rage is misplaced. Might I suggest something? Read up on the original author of the thread. I was merely making a comment that cheap chinese crap fails quickly. So it would be interesting to see how long this cheap crap works on the original authors bike.
I don't care if the chinese shit lasts 1 day, or 20 years. That was NOT my point. It's about supporting a communist country that's in the process of taking over the U S. Don't believe me? Do some fact checking. See how much of the U S that they own. Even some of our national parks! And the monetary issues. Do an IN DEPTH investigation. You will be AMAZED at what they own, and you should be DAMN SCARED, TOO!

I don't care if the chinese shit lasts 1 day, or 20 years. That was NOT my point. It's about supporting a communist country that's in the process of taking over the U S. Don't believe me? Do some fact checking. See how much of the U S that they own. Even some of our national parks! And the monetary issues. Do an IN DEPTH investigation. You will be AMAZED at what they own, and you should be DAMN SCARED, TOO!

Why so angry junior? You are typing your displeasure on a device made in China. Makes you just as guilty as the people you are angry with. Secondly...you show displeasure with China...yet you own a Japanese motorcycle. Japan is next in line to the stuff owned here in America and the debt. Where is your outrage there? Lastly....blaming ME for the problems that American politicians cause is an extremely laughable concept. Might I suggest you take a step back....deep breath and realize that I, as a lowly citizen have no power in what goes on in the country. And if you think a vote has power, you are mistaken.

Latest posts

Back