Pics of Hayabusa Calipers and late model rotors on a 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon6.0

Reaction score
Here are some pics of Hayabusa calipers, R1 rotors, and Sean Morley adapters on a 85 Vmax. It sucks that one of the rotors I got is warped though. Now I have to take everything back off and get some more rotors.:bang head:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Vmax 009.jpg
    Vmax 009.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 849
  • Vmax 007.jpg
    Vmax 007.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 851
  • Vmax 010.jpg
    Vmax 010.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 850
Those adapters aren't obtrusive looking at all! Looks good!

Here are some pics of Hayabusa calipers, R1 rotors, and Sean Morley adapters on a 85 Vmax. It sucks that one of the rotors I got is warped though. Now I have to take everything back off and get some more rotors.:bang head:
did you upgrade the master cylinder with this mod? and about how much did the setup cost you?does the bike stop a whole lot better ?I am wanting to upgrade my front brakes just looking for the best setup . thanks jason

WOW 6 PISTON CALIPERS
:surprise:
Now I bet you can do some endos.:rofl_200:
Looks great!:clapping:

did you upgrade the master cylinder with this mod? and about how much did the setup cost you?does the bike stop a whole lot better ?I am wanting to upgrade my front brakes just looking for the best setup . thanks jason

Another option is what I did, R6 calipers with an R1 master cylinder. You can also us a Nissin front master from a Kawasaki that has a post hole to mount the mirror and use it to hold resevoir (sp).

The r1/r6 adapters are much more complicated and cost considerably more. This conversion is very inexpensive and probably will out brake the r1 stuff every day of the week.

Sean

The r1/r6 adapters are much more complicated and cost considerably more. This conversion is very inexpensive and probably will out brake the r1 stuff every day of the week.

Sean

I guess I should have said for 93 and later models the R6/R1 conversion is a good alternative as they just bolt on, no adaptor needed. Did my converstion for $145 for calipers and R1 master cylinder. For early model forks that need adapters I will bow to the experts.:worthy:

$20 for raw steel. More if you wanted it coated or chromed. I will eventually be charging more then that. That's still considerably less the the R1 adapters. These are for the 85-92 forks only and not the newer bikes. I haven't checked to see what it would take to make them fit the newer bikes.

Sean Morley

They did make those calipers in black too. That is what we have. Also, you can either use stock late model vmax rotors (came in a variety of colors), R1 rotors, or aftermarket rotors.

Sean

$20 for raw steel. More if you wanted it coated or chromed. I will eventually be charging more then that. That's still considerably less the the R1 adapters. These are for the 85-92 forks only and not the newer bikes. I haven't checked to see what it would take to make them fit the newer bikes.

Sean Morley

Thanks, please lemme know when things slow down enough for the late model bikes. :cheers:

Sean
Sean , Roughly how much would it cost me for a brake upgrade for my 1986 max , these stock brakes really suck. And do you sell the kits or know someone that does? thanks , Jason:confused2:

adapters are $20 in raw unfinished metal right now. Will be going up a bit later. $30 for powdercoated, $50 for chromed.

I have rotors but you can get them on ebay too and will need to get the calipers from there anyway. I could round them up for you but would add to your cost.

Sean

adapters are $20 in raw unfinished metal right now. Will be going up a bit later. $30 for powdercoated, $50 for chromed.

I have rotors but you can get them on ebay too and will need to get the calipers from there anyway. I could round them up for you but would add to your cost.

Sean
ok thanks, and also what type of rotors and calipers do I need to buy , certain year? r1? busa? :confused2:thanks, jason

All but the newest huyabusa's are the same for fitment purposes (there are different colors out there).

R1 rotors are probably going to be the least expensive. I don't recall what years are the same but I think at least 99-01 are and maybe even much newer.

Sean Morley

Sean,Do you make the adaptors for the old forks with the 4 pots I am running to go with R1 rotors?

The only adapters I make are the old rotors with the 4 piston Nissins, the newer rotors (or R1's) with the 6 pistons. To make the other apdapters requires more machine work since the offset is greater.

Sean Morley

Back