Pics of removing baffle on stock exhaust?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasondon

Reaction score
While searching I have come across several pics of removing the end plate rivets and drilling holes which seems easy enough, but none of removing the baffle. My understanding is I need a 1 inch hole saw, but I dont quite get where you are drilling (is it the actual pipe the exhaust is coming out of right now?). I figure if I do one, I mays well do both.

Anyone???

i dont plan on gaining power by doing something about the quietness of the stock pipes. but will it lose power?

i just think its so quiet its dangerous. ive probably had 6 cars pull out in front of me. of those 6, two of them pulled out and slammed the brakes and stopped right in the middle of the road!! which is even worse

im just worried its going to sound like a sick chainsaw with a fouled spark plug.

ive heard the sound clip in the sticky and it sounds absolutely terrible

as a matter of fact they all sound bad on the interwebs

p.s. i love the "BLAP" sound this makes when its idling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuQsCBReeTM&feature=player_embedded

i dont plan on gaining power by doing something about the quietness of the stock pipes. but will it lose power?

i just think its so quiet its dangerous. ive probably had 6 cars pull out in front of me. of those 6, two of them pulled out and slammed the brakes and stopped right in the middle of the road!! which is even worse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuQsCBReeTM&feature=player_embedded

Just remember that a loud exhaust is heard mostly BEHIND your bike..

So you could weld a couple of forward facing trombones to your headers, I'm sure that would help :rofl_200:

I don't get how most people think a loud exhaust is safer - you just can't really hear it in car until you've gone past! :confused2: I mean, it may help a little in town when the bark echoes off the buildings, but even then..

Anyway, a lot of people have simply drilled their mufflers, but that doesn't really make it *loud*. A pair of Supertrapps slip-ons does a much better job, and the more disks on them the louder. Can be gotten for $150-300 on fleaBay.

Just remember that a loud exhaust is heard mostly BEHIND your bike..

So you could weld a couple of forward facing trombones to your headers, I'm sure that would help :rofl_200:

I don't get how most people think a loud exhaust is safer - you just can't really hear it in car until you've gone past! :confused2: I mean, it may help a little in town when the bark echoes off the buildings, but even then..

Anyway, a lot of people have simply drilled their mufflers, but that doesn't really make it *loud*. A pair of Supertrapps slip-ons does a much better job, and the more disks on them the louder. Can be gotten for $150-300 on fleaBay.

thats where my most dangerous riding is, in town. im sure having some sound is better than nothing. even sitting at a stoplight id be a lot more comfortable knowing people knew right where the bike was!!!

passing someone,

or when someone is creeping up behind me while theyre looking down texting

and i know any sound is better than no sound. id say 9 out of every 10 close calls i have are failure to yield. but ive been riding so long that i dont panic anymore

don't worry, I got ran all over the road with my old bike more with the load pipes instead of my quiet ones. You need to ride like everyones out to get you I think. This was the exhaust I had on there for a majority of my ownership. Here's a video of my bike and ignore my retarded commentary lol.

Last edited:
Back