Pics of the finished product

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Since Jeff forgot to wax and clean my max prior to pick up I decided to clean it once I got her home:biglaugh:

Just kidding Jeff!

Here are a few pics of the animal. Details below:

1985 Yamaha VMax Jeff Huber Edition

Progressive Springs

R1 Brakes and Calipers

Hindle Exhaust with coated headers

Solid Motor Mounts

Drag Bars

40 shot of nitrous via nitrous express

vmax 003.jpg

vmax 004.jpg

vmax 005.jpg

vmax 006.jpg

Looks good! Just some cosmetic stuff now and you're done man!

The Popsicle's rear tail light, and dumbo ears HAVE to go... You can't have NO2 with those on there... lol

J/K

Looks great! See ya in Ottawa
Chris

Looks good! Just some cosmetic stuff now and you're done man!

The Popsicle's rear tail light, and dumbo ears HAVE to go... You can't have NO2 with those on there... lol

J/K

Looks great! See ya in Ottawa
Chris

What are my options for the tail light? And who do I order from?

Abe

What are my options for the tail light? And who do I order from?

Abe
I did my own , went down to pep boys and got two L.E.D. bulbs and soldered wires to the leads and put them in the plastic reflector mount under the grab bar with a couple of rubber groments and, I used the same socket connectors from the tail & brake lights. I have pics of them in the gallery.
Total cost :: $27.00.:eusa_dance:.
<<Dave>>

I did my own , went down to pep boys and got two L.E.D. bulbs and soldered wires to the leads and put them in the plastic reflector mount under the grab bar with a couple of rubber groments and, I used the same socket connectors from the tail & brake lights. I have pics of them in the gallery.
Total cost :: $27.00.:eusa_dance:.
<<Dave>>

does it have legit plate lights? u will fail inspection now in MA w/out them.

http://www.motorcyclemods.com/

gonna get one when the mod monkey stops biting me from behind....
The Motorcyclemods tail light does not have a "window" or seperate light that shines on the plate. It is just the tail lights downward light the illuminates the plate. Just a FYI in case this might be a problem passing inspection in your state, it's not a problem in Michigan. Our inspections typically come with flashing lights and roadside service.:biglaugh:

The Motorcyclemods tail light does not have a "window" or seperate light that shines on the plate. It is just the tail lights downward light the illuminates the plate. Just a FYI in case this might be a problem passing inspection in your state, it's not a problem in Michigan. Our inspections typically come with flashing lights and roadside service.:biglaugh:

oh hmmmm.. that could be a problem..

anyone have a pic of this in the dark?

oh hmmmm.. that could be a problem..

anyone have a pic of this in the dark?

I could have sworn mine has a clear portion on the under side of the lense..... I just emailed them, asking if it did or not. Their Honda VTX-C lense DOES have the clear cut-out for the license plate.

As soon as I hear back I'll let you know.
-

No clear section. No special focus point in it to put more light on the plate. But it lights it up more then enough and I passed inspection here in Tx with no prob. And if you need white lights just add some of the light up bolt kind to cover your bases.

It does light up the plate well, that's for sure. I just wanted to point out that it does not have a white/ clear section to specially light the plate. It just the illumination from the tail light that lights the plate.
I'll try to get a pic of the plate in the dark tonight and will post up here.

Here are some pics of the taillight, hopefully this will show you what the tail light looks like when lit with just the running and not the brake light.
One picture is from below showing the bottom of the light, next is from straight back , and the last is from above.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 14
Here are some pics of the taillight, hopefully this will show you what the tail light looks like when lit with just the running and not the brake light.
One picture is from below showing the bottom of the light, next is from straight back , and the last is from above.

hmm thanks so much redbone. maybe i'll show the dealer tomorrow the pics when i'm there getting my tires rebalanced see what they say....

Hey Garrett, I'm sorry bro. I know at some point I told you mine had the clear cutout but I was mistaken.

Here's the reply from Motorcycle Mods....

"The spread pattern on the Vmax light is wide enough to illuminate the lic plate at the installed angle. You can order the kit with Part No: SMB-LED-002R

The bracket will need a couple of extra holes drilled for the bolt pattern; our next batch of VMAX brackets will allow the use of some of our other LED taillights as well, but that won't be till July."
-

Hey Garrett, I'm sorry bro. I know at some point I told you mine had the clear cutout but I was mistaken.

Here's the reply from Motorcycle Mods....

"The spread pattern on the Vmax light is wide enough to illuminate the lic plate at the installed angle. You can order the kit with Part No: SMB-LED-002R

The bracket will need a couple of extra holes drilled for the bolt pattern; our next batch of VMAX brackets will allow the use of some of our other LED taillights as well, but that won't be till July."
-

ur killing me dev!

Back