Pictures and updates!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
So here are the pictures...

https://imgur.com/a/gReJJ

As you may see, the fuel pump is in front of the battery.. I don't believe that's stock

The old fuel filter was literally made of rust on the inside so I got a new NAPA 3011 and drained the carb bowls (bowl bolts had a nice 1/8th inch layer of rust in the bottoms of each)

After I swapped the fuel filter I went for a run and everything except the WOT (Accellerator pumps still don't work) and the 3k-8k roll on bog are fixed! Though the 3-8k roll on bog seems to have less of a "I'm going to stall" period before it gets going.

Bottom line, accellleration is still :bang head: due to no APs working and whatever is going on with the roll on thing, but manageable and safe!

Things to fix:

- Blinkers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-..._Accessories&var=&hash=item234763d81e&vxp=mtr

- Mirrors

- Roll on accel bog issue (need to clean and tune carbs)

- Spark plugs (didn't come in today as expected)

- Battery (OEM sized, coming in Monday)

Glad to see you're making progress. :thumbs up:

Keep in mind just a few "specks" of dirt/rust the size of a pin head, in the wrong place, can wreak havoc on a carburetor and the way an engine runs......so those carbs will have to come apart at some point.

Keep at it!

Glad to see you're making progress. :thumbs up:

Keep in mind just a few "specks" of dirt/rust the size of a pin head, in the wrong place, can wreak havoc on a carburetor and the way an engine runs......so those carbs will have to come apart at some point.

Keep at it!

Thanks for the support!

There was a lotttttt more than a spec of stuff in those float bowl caps, so I have basically decided I have to clean those out next weekend.

Throughout the week I'm going to put the new battery in and replace the spark plugs

Cleaning the jets and AP will be for next week! Woot!

After that I'll just rely on mah popop and dad to help me tune her :punk:

Fuel pump actually looks like a twin cylinder Onan generator pump. There should be a part number on it to Google and find out pump specs.

[/SIZE][/I]
Uh-oh!

It does look suspicious, especially given the $$$ carbs.

Hahah, it's actually a thin layer and easy to wipe off, so I would guess a very heavy dust build up :punk:

Fire! Do you have a PCW motor? How much can I expect that whole makeover to cost after my stock one blows up?

When i went to see the bike it had a lot more dirt on it. the guy may have tried to clean it more and get it to run better I was kinda piss at the guy me driving over there and he proclaim the bike is in good working order my ears turn red, i had to get back to the truck and turn the AC on to cool my ears off.

Like said many times before, the carbs will need a good cleaning, Gas was orange a little in color. almost like the bike maybe had mud shower on it. The seller would not let me pull the seat he had no tools he said, I told him - i will go get mind and pull the seat. It's cleaner in the picture online here.

The gas tank I could not tell if was rusty...

The hole fuel system may need checking, drain the gas tank from the bottom and see if any small rust peaces mix with the gas. Check gas tank if it's rusty it will have to be replace.

Carbs may have to pulled and check for rust parts and clean.
If not check you may have intermittent problems

All the wire plugs that you can pull apart check and clean connects.

The fuel pump you may try pulling it and let it pump some Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner through it to a cup... just a thought this is me doing this. .

Tell your pops the bunnyman said you need help with the bike.

The clutch / brake fluids / brakes should be check....

if the lights all are working wait on replacing them do the main stuff 1st.

Now can see what I been saying. It's good to learn your self.
By your pops working on cars it should make things a little better with his help.

Glad your work some things out.
Sorry you have to go through this.

The seller of the bike, I even ask is going to give me 20 for gas for stop pass....
He kinda said something low you a fire cracker - i said be glad i just did not pop...

I think jamie may have small car for sale... I would talk to him he's a good guy.
May get you in 4 wheels.... just a thought... It can't hurt to check with him.

And if I'm condering rebuilding the carbs next weekend, what size jets do I need? Leak, mains, everything o.o

No jets until you pull the carbs. You don't no yet what is needed.

Carbs may have to pulled and check for rust parts and clean.
If not check you may have intermittent problems

All the wire plugs that you can pull apart check and clean connects.

The fuel pump you may try pulling it and let it pump some Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner through it to a cup... just a thought this is me doing this. .

Tell your pops the bunnyman said you need help with the bike.

The clutch / brake fluids / brakes should be check....

if the lights all are working wait on replacing them do the main stuff 1st.

Now can see what I been saying. It's good to learn your self.

The seller of the bike, I even ask is going to give me 20 for gas for stop pass....
He kinda said something low you a fire cracker - i said be glad i just did not pop...

I think jamie may have small car for sale... I would talk to him he's a good guy.
May get you in 4 wheels.... just a thought... It can't hurt to check with him.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Alright I'll do everything you listed when I can, thanks for the advice!

When I was there he must have warmed it up and disconected the temp gague because it revved to 3k just fine. He was a bit shady, looking back on it. I'm just happy that the second gear isn't slipping xD

I am getting more and more comfortable with working on it and have come to really like these carbs, actually.

I plan on calling Jamie today, I spoke with him a couple weeks ago and he seemed like a really helpful and nice guy.

Jamie is cool guy my bother in the brother hood of the xmax funny.

If the carbs was setup up right before it got like this. You just may need to clean them. But really don't no until you get in to it.

Hanging my little vmax brother.

I been through it just like few others here to.

This forum is A-1 the best i been in. Some car forums I'm in don't help people like here.

Jamie is cool guy my bother in the brother hood of the xmax funny.

If the carbs was setup up right before it got like this. You just may need to clean them. But really don't no until you get in to it.

Hanging my little vmax brother.

I been through it just like few others here to.

This forum is A-1 the best i been in. Some car forums I'm in don't help people like here.

Yea everyone here has been more than helpful, I would be running in circles without everyone :bang head:

Haha I'm going to give Jamie a call now

Back