Pictures are not worth a 1000 words

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VmaxingPauly

Reaction score
http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/1961735095.html

Do not waste your time w/ this bike. I drove over 460 miles one way yesterday to see this bike - His ad for the bike is not forth coming. Bike has CANCER spots all over the bike. He is second owner - He claims Stage 7 set-up. Installed at sea level in Hawaii - Bike is now at 5,500 to 6,000 feet. I know that the bike will run a tad different at higher elevation. I rode the bike - My stock jetted 05 would whoop ass all over this slug. I asked him where the stock air box was so I could re-install it so I could see if the bike behaved different - was told dealer never gave it back - Ok what needle size was put in? I don't know. Bike has NO PULL what so ever. So this morning I see he re-listed the bike again. I'm cautioning everyone on the boards about this one.

Paul

I'd never go look at anything just from an ad, especially if it was 450 miles away. If they don't provide a phone #, send a reply to the ad and ask for one. Always have to chat up the owner. When you get lots of "I don't knows", it's never a good sign.

Failing to mention the rust spots is a big boner move, but otherwise you can chalk up the poor jetting to a generally ignorant owner. He didn't know any better, or that 6000 ft of elevation would make a difference.

The only question you asked me was for more pics,if the bike was california legal, and the mileage. I told you it was not ca legal, and all 5 of the pics I sent you could be blown up huge to see every detail of the bike...then I did not hear anything from for over 2 weeks, at which point I .figured you werent interested. Then I recieved an email saying you were coming to look at it. As far as what was done, I have the shop receipt from south seas honda in honolulu that said "Dyno jet stage 7 installed" Im sorry they didn't put the jet size on the reciept and that I didnt know...I am not a mechanic, and know nothing about carbs...which is why I took the bike to a shop for the work. It is obvious that the bike has the stage 7, due to the fact that the airbox is removed, the puke tank is set up between the filters, and the crankcrase beather hose is running to it, I have never seen a stage 7 set up any other way. Then while you were there you asked me if it was the dale walker stage 7...which he does not make, then you asked me what kind of exhaust it was, when I told you Marks performance you told me you knew him personally, but then called a friend to ask if he could cut out the "support pip"e on the exhaust so you could leave the center stand on, its not a support pipe, it is the crossover and is functional. You complained about the carbs not having any bottom end, however EVERYTHING I ahad read abouth the DJ stage 7 claimsed to lose a lot of the bottom end and some midrange, but made up for it on the top end...which the bike does. I know the carbs need synched and re jetted for the elevation that I live at now, but I havent had the time or money to do so, which is why I am selling the bike..I just dont ride it anymore because I have been to busy deploying the last few years, which I told you in the emails...
'selling because I have put less than 1400 miles on in over three years"

hey we're all vmaxers we understand man. hes just upset cuz he wasnt getting a new bike for a used bike price. thats just the thing with buying used, its gonna have some wear and tear. these are hunks of metal. if you have a bolt rusting somewhere go to the hardware store and pay 50 cents and get a stainless steel one. if you dont like his stage 7 you can prolly get a cheap airbox here in vmaxforum for a few bucks and stock jets to take it back to stock.

clear coat coming off on the scoop? who cares, paint strip and polish
mirror stem rusty or pitting? u can get them brand new on ebay for 20 bucks.
2nd gear gone? wait this one is a big deal. dont buy a bike with second gear gone

Thanks for listening. If anyone here thinks Im asking more than it is worth, let me know, I just put the price at what other max's I have seen in similar condition were going for.

Thanks for listening. If anyone here thinks Im asking more than it is worth, let me know, I just put the price at what other max's I have seen in similar condition were going for.

That's called the marketplace and it's what determines the value of things, you set the price, if someone agrees they buy it....just how it works.

Don't really agree with someone saying, don't bother with this, etc., maybe it's not worth it to that person....fine, don't buy it....but don't try to ruin the seller's chances of selling....if it's really not worth the asking price the marketplace will take care of that. Just sayin......

Nice to get both sides of the story, but to tell ya the truth, when you first post is to bash somebody or something, or to sell something, i really don't think much of it

Funny thing is, I really dont even want to sell my max, I still look at it as an unfinished project, I know I'm going to get another one in the future, but with the time I am spending at work, I dont have time to ride, and I am about to have my third kid next month and money is tight. I just want my max to go to someone who will actually ride it.

Nice to get both sides of the story, but to tell ya the truth, when you first post is to bash somebody or something, or to sell something, i really don't think much of it

Agreed!

5000 dollars is NOT a bad price IMO.

This thread will now be closed...

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back