Pictures of Rearends Needed!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok now do we need to move to Kentucky to find a woman like that? [Beautiful and puts up with your Vmax BS]

She's okay I guess :whistlin:

Took me 15 years to train her to my way or the highway :punk:

Neil

Wow! Very cute! :cheers: It looks like there is quite a few wives/girlfriends that would look great in a VMax calendar. :hmmm:

Damn no I would disagree in your case its pretty obvious your wheel is of centered. And thats stock isnt it. That tire looks really skinny with no plate over it, what size is that a 150?

I didn't say you couldn't see it, just that it's not as obvious to "most" people that aren't looking for whether it's centered or not, I've never had a single person that wasn't a Vmax enthusiast notice it; to me or you it's very obvious of course.

That tire is a 180/55-18 on an RC wheel. I think the wide flat tail makes the tire look a little narrower maybe? It's centerline is the same or extremely close to the stocker, which is about 3/8" I think? The edge of the tire is about 3/16" away from the swingarm on the left side.

Rusty

As you can see the Carrozzeria wheels are offset too.

Attachments

• Vmax done #6 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #6 9-11-07.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 124
Has anyone done the alignment check with front wheel? Wondering if you get a 3/8 misalignment as well

Has anyone done the alignment check with front wheel? Wondering if you get a 3/8 misalignment as well

I think the misalignment every one speaks of is referenced from the front wheel, and that the front is centered on the frame.

Rusty

No, not if you change the left side pivot bolt to an adjustable one (same one as on the right side) gives you about 10-15mm adjustment b/4 the driveshaft rubs on the inner swingarm (inside)

Mike

So you use just the pivot bolt and nut? What about that locking washer? Can that be ditched?

No, not if you change the left side pivot bolt to an adjustable one (same one as on the right side) gives you about 10-15mm adjustment b/4 the driveshaft rubs on the inner swingarm (inside)

Mike

I'm interested but never heard of this.....

Maybe a writeup is in order??? If this is possible, reliable, rigid and safe I'd do it..

Thanks,

Rusty

Maybe a writeup is in order??? If this is possible, reliable, rigid and safe I'd do it..

Thanks,

Rusty

I posted about this sometime back,

All you need (like has been mentioned) is the same parts from the right side (pivot bolt and jam nut). Set your offset on left side first with the pivot bolt and tighten the jam nut, then set the right side same as you would normally.

Sean

Thanks,

Rusty

Sorry Rusty, I missed your post - As mentioned by Sean - you buy a right side pivot bolt & nut from Yamaha for the left side (completely safe as the original set up) - leave the right side alone for now and take the left one off and replace with new parts and tighten it up - it's now back to what you had originally. Now you can adjust the swingarm.

See attached link for alignment - but where it says adjust rear axle bolts (for a chain setup) - you would adjust pivot bolts.

Mike

Here's a pic of a 180 Metz on a stock rim. It's my first new tire and somehow when I put it all back together it offset to the left just slightly. I put everything back the way it came off so I don't get it at all.

Attachments

• DSC01321 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01321 (Medium).JPG
    74 KB · Views: 112
Sorry Rusty, I missed your post - As mentioned by Sean - you buy a right side pivot bolt & nut from Yamaha for the left side (completely safe as the original set up) - leave the right side alone for now and take the left one off and replace with new parts and tighten it up - it's now back to what you had originally. Now you can adjust the swingarm.

See attached link for alignment - but where it says adjust rear axle bolts (for a chain setup) - you would adjust pivot bolts.

Mike

hey ya forgot the link!

Mine seems pretty centered yet
rear.jpg

Two shots of the rear.

1st shot is the 5.5" x 17" UFO rear with Metzler 190/50 17 Roadtech on the standard swingarm.

2nd shot is the same tyre and rim mounted on the OTEC O77 billet swingarm.

Both setups used the standard pivot pin settings.

Attachments

• rear stock.jpg
    rear stock.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 82
  • otec.jpg
    otec.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Back