Pilot screw missing, damage?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonskif

Reaction score
Hello,

I was adjusting the pilots crews for VMax, today I found that one of the screw was missing from carburetor, what kind of damage can this cause?

If pilot screw is missing is it running lean or rich?

/Jonas

Turning the mixture screw CCW leans so the screw missing completely should create a VERY lean condition....but would run like it had a large vacuum leak.

Morley can fix you up with a new one.

Turning the mixture screw CCW leans so the screw missing completely should create a VERY lean condition....but would run like it had a large vacuum leak.

Morley can fix you up with a new one.

i thought it was a fuel passageway so turning it 'out' made it richer? also why if you're more than 4-5 turns out they recommend a larger pilot jet?

although from this pic it seems like it controls a 'mixture' not just fuel or air.

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 13
Gamorg2, I think you're right, because when turning pilotscrews out it gets richer, I got much more power ovet all rpm range. I thought this idle screw which set mixture for 0-3000rpm, this seems to be wrong thinking, correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope the missing pilot screw really made richer for a while and not lean which could produce real damage..

/Jonas

i thought it was a fuel passageway so turning it 'out' made it richer? also why if you're more than 4-5 turns out they recommend a larger pilot jet?

although from this pic it seems like it controls a 'mixture' not just fuel or air.

Phew. I'm glad you said that. :biglaugh:

I was questioning myself until I saw that. Phew.

Latest posts

Back