pilot screw question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After cleaning my carbs I noticed that one of the pilot screw is missing the Oring and washer. Made sure it is not in carb. It's most likely that this occurred when I cleaned the carbs last year. With the oring and washer missing, would that show a slight leaner plug reading? I have the orings ordered for all of them.

I dont think so, I think the oring just wont allow fuel to seep out, and I believe that the washer will give a good base for the spring to push against.

Ok, well I am installing COPS and have to put fresh fuel replace the orings. then do the pilot adj, and carb sync. The rear left cylinder is just slightly leaner than the rest of the plugs. I did notice that the lower rubber carb boot, looked like it got warmer than the rest of the boots.
Thanks

With the o-ring and washer missing you were actually further in than the other a/f mixture screws if they were all turned out the same amount of turns.Don't forget to cross the longer front 2 cop wires.

Back