Pilot's Final Flight Yesterday (Retirement)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
A good friend of mine made his final flight yesterday. Emotional time, as you can imagine saying goodbye to the aircraft he loves. We had his wife bring him into the parking spot, with one of their 6 children standing in front of her. There have been a few "lasts" in his 22-year career, and his retirement ceremony coming up. But he told me one of the hardest things to do was when they got to the part of their checklist and needed to shut the engines down. He told me he just froze, and thought for a moment. It was hard to do. He's an amazing talented man with character. I salute you, Jeff.

If you knew him, you would know the world is a better place because of people like him.

If they don't do this to you, they don't love you! :biglaugh:

Congratulations to your friend for his time in service. What a great feeling to have that kind of a career.

Is that a Globemaster?

I retired from the Us Army OCT 2013. When I got my retirement gift, it was hard on me. I also did 22 years, was a great feeling but one I miss each day.. I think one of the thing that killed me was how much they spent on me, I never once wanted people to give me stuff for the normal work that was required with my job. Lucky for me I get to keep in touch with a lot of my old buddies and still see some of the people that worked for me come back where I work for schools...

Attachments

• plack.jpg
    plack.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back