Pin lock faceshields

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Finally got hold of one of these, they are a little difficult to find for the RX-7 Corsair. Delivered today, installed easily, and rode with it to work tonight. Temp was about 44F, humidity average.

Ok let me just get this out of the way. BEST. THING. EVAR.

The shield with insert performed exactly as promised. No fogging at all, either at speed or waiting on a light. The insert simply stayed clear ( and distortion free to boot). For someone like me who rides a lot in the evening and morning, this is the best shit in motorcycling since the advent of disc brakes, and the demise of Lucas electrics.

Never had to hedge my breathing at all. Left the shield down and locked and breathed normally. What a relief.

The only (slight) drawback I found is that riding at night with lots of traffic and other light sources there can be a slight refraction from tge doubled lenses. It's faint, like an annoying HUD, and it only took my eyes about ten minutes of acclimation to filter it out completely.

If you ride a full face helmet, one if these is a must have present to yourself. Absolutely the dogs bollocks

thanks for the review. been wondering about this for a bit.

I've used a Fog City with great results as well.

The best is a double lens helmet for snow mobile use.

Chris

Pinlock is big in Europe. I have it on 3 helmets and it works great. No more fogging period! Nothing I have tried in 52 years of riding works as well.

Product update. Rode home with it this morning in a cold rain, still no fogging at all. I don't forsee ever buying a standard shield again.

Product update. Rode home with it this morning in a cold rain, still no fogging at all. I don't forsee ever buying a standard shield again.

My problem has never really been the shield. It's my glasses I have issues with.

My Scorpion has a coating on the lens that is AMAZING and never fogs but my glasses do. :damn angry:

Chris

My problem has never really been the shield. It's my glasses I have issues with.

My Scorpion has a coating on the lens that is AMAZING and never fogs but my glasses do. :damn angry:

Chris

Lasik.

My wife bought me a fog free fro Xmas but it's not a pin lock, will report in the spring

i had one in my arai, but i also had a foggy mask as i weart glasses too. unfortunately i never got to try it in extreme weather as i only got to use it for a month but ill deffo be buying again.

crap pic but you get the idea. I had a hyper optik insert which goes from blue to green depending on the light coming into it. es thats right... im a TART lol

03072007580.jpg

My wife bought me a fog free fro Xmas but it's not a pin lock, will report in the spring

The Icon fog free shield is very disappointing. Below 40 degrees is had small areas that still fog up, not as bad as a regular shield but on my way to work with wet hair i still need to crack it at the red light, not as bad when my hair is dry.

Back