Pingel Drag bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do not work with bias tires.The tire will just spin and never get traction to even get up onto the bars.I do like running my struts at the strip but I have radials.I haven't tried the whole bars yet racing but I am going to put a 15" vw slick on a crappy stock rear for racing then switch it out for road riding.

shawn kloker said:
They do not work with bias tires.The tire will just spin and never get traction to even get up onto the bars.I do like running my struts at the strip but I have radials.I haven't tried the whole bars yet racing but I am going to put a 15" vw slick on a crappy stock rear for racing then switch it out for road riding.

:uhm00000: I thought Rusty was referring to drag handlebars not wheelie bars or am I reading his message wrong??:confused2:

pingel calls thier wheel bars "Drag Bracer Bars" which could be easy enough to confuse with handlebars. I do sell for them but haven't even looked in their catalog to see if they have any handlebars since I get them from another source much cheaper.

Sean Morley

HI,
I have a set of wheelie bars for the Max. Had to make some minor adjustements and spacers when I got them. With a stock Max, I couldnt really get a much better launch than with out them. As the Max isn't very wheelie pron it would take a few more ponies( I'm at altitude) to really make a difference.
Would you like to buy them???????????????
Lew

I have several videos and pics of my max standing straight up leaving the line.Stock all they want to do is wheelie.Strapping down the front helps and struts are even better but you need a radial or really low pressure to get traction with the rigid rear end.

Lew what rpm are you launching at?

Lew L said:
HI,
I have a set of wheelie bars for the Max. Had to make some minor adjustements and spacers when I got them. With a stock Max, I couldnt really get a much better launch than with out them. As the Max isn't very wheelie pron it would take a few more ponies( I'm at altitude) to really make a difference.
Would you like to buy them???????????????
Lew

I have to strike a delicate balance between bogging the engine and slipping the clutch excessivley to keep the front down. I launch at around 4300rpm give or take.

Are the bars pingels or some other brand adapted to the Max?
pics maybe? I could be interested.....

shawn kloker said:
I have several videos and pics of my max standing straight up leaving the line.Stock all they want to do is wheelie.Strapping down the front helps and struts are even better but you need a radial or really low pressure to get traction with the rigid rear end.

Lew what rpm are you launching at?

Any pointers on strapping the front. Do I have to make attachment point or just "hook it to something" I've thought about this but haven't tried it yet due to my lack of knowledge on the subject and fear that I may die if I do it wrong :)

I tried a few different RPM for launch. 4k, 5k, 6k All with the T-boost on. The 6k launch really hit me hard in the butt--- guess I wasnt really prepared for it. I was also concerned about loosing the clutch so I stopped. I was on a local side street and I don't think the folks were too happy with me.
Maybe this summer at the drag strip?????

I'm not sure of the brand on the bars couldn't see one. The struts lower the rear end about 1 1/2 " I did have to make some spacers to get what I considered a good plumb fit on the struts.
Lew

Rusty,I used the 2 top brake caliper bolts to bolt the strap on.I also put a few washers behind the strap brackets to space it out a little from the forks.I put the strap over the frame behind the triple tree brackets.I have seen people run the strap up over the triple trees them selves then pull it down tight.There is a pic of mine at the strip in the garage section.It has the red straps and pingle struts on it.Very low,even with a cut sidestand it stands straight up.I usually have to park with the front tire on a 2x4 block for it to stand by itself.

wfcall said:
Any pointers on strapping the front. Do I have to make attachment point or just "hook it to something" I've thought about this but haven't tried it yet due to my lack of knowledge on the subject and fear that I may die if I do it wrong :)

Lew,Launching on the street is nothing like the strip.The strip will have alot of rubber down and hopefully some VHT (glue).Big tracks spray the strip down quite often and small tracks may only spray once a day for only 10-20 feet.It is some really sticky shit,Your feet actually stick if you put them in it.

Lew L said:
I tried a few different RPM for launch. 4k, 5k, 6k All with the T-boost on. The 6k launch really hit me hard in the butt--- guess I wasnt really prepared for it. I was also concerned about loosing the clutch so I stopped. I was on a local side street and I don't think the folks were too happy with me.
Maybe this summer at the drag strip?????

I'm not sure of the brand on the bars couldn't see one. The struts lower the rear end about 1 1/2 " I did have to make some spacers to get what I considered a good plumb fit on the struts.
Lew

Back