Pink Vmax!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffee_brake

Reaction score
Finally, got the paint done and installed the set. Just in time for my Halloween ride.

It's not a fantastic job but it's not cruddy either. If I had more cash I would have done it all over, but I made the best of what I had. This was Nason brand color and clear and I don't think I'll use it again. Harbor Freight paint gun and 7" polisher did fine. My hero at the paint shop answered my questions and matched up the paint code for a 1994 Ford F-150, in pink.

I learned the hard way that paint stripper ruins plastic. The front fender is badly damaged but it will have to do, I couldn't smooth it any more.

Got the helmet too, it still has just a bit of orange peel on it but for a helmet it's good enough.

This was basically practice for this Spring, when I'm doing the fully faired Concours, lots and lots of paint for that one.

Scoops are a work in progress. After the crash I polished out the damage as best I could, every time I get a chance I yank a scoop and hit it with the white compound.

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 130
I think it's cool as hell !!! - Different & original , like a VMAX is meant to be. Great job...:punk:

Can't decide whether to put the stock carbon fiber paint set up in the attic, or maybe modify it...or sell it to pay for tires next year....the very first Vmax I ever saw was this year, with the carbon paint. Maybe I should just keep it.

I was "Little Red Rider in the 'Hood" for Halloween, I took pics in front of the bike, it was the first ride with the new color. They didn't turn out well. Made me look fat. Ya'll can't see them.

Great job CB! When you first mentioned painting the max pink - I was thinking "hot pink" :ummm: but your choice of pink is obviously much better! Also like that your helmet matches the bike - again great job!

Isn't the biggest part of owning a max - is making your own!

Mike

Jenn, i say keep the carbon you never know when you'll want to switch it up, plus when smokey is out lookin for the pinkie, they'll never think to question a black cf one yeh? spot on job tho! an old mate of mine up here in 'sconsin had one done up in a neoon hot pink mettallic for his missus, but the bloke always took it before she got up. lol have fun with it. great looking ride cheers

Hey I'm looking to ride up to Wisconsin next Spring for the Concours rally....

Yeah I'll probably just keep the carbon set...

very nice! didn't know u had a renntec either.

i like it, although i think you shoulda gonna with the teal green f 150 color, that way i could sell you my 95 flairside and you'd match all around lol.

regards odieoh24

Nicely Done. A Champagne Pink. If your Carbon Body work needs a home, I know an 85 that can really use a set of fenders. :eek:h yeah: I will gladly buy your new tires and have them send to you for them if they are in good shape. PM me if you decide to go that way.

Looks great Jenn. I don't care how it came out. If you did it yourself that's pretty cool. That's one part of the process I pay someone to do. I don't have the patience needed... :damn angry: :biglaugh:

Here's another female vmax riders bike that was in Topeka. She did the pink thing as well.:eusa_dance:

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 38
Back