pipe leading from front of carb to back of carb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe4550

Reaction score
hi guys i wondering if you can help, iv just got my bike back from the garrage (where they were fixing a but load of electrical problems......apparently) an along with a lot of missing screws (including one of the ones that holds the wireing loom down propperly so it was then sparking on the + terminal of the battery and yes i am going to rip them appart for that but hey) they have also connected the pipe from the front of the carbs to a tube at the back (shown in pics marked in red) can any one tell me why this is? as it want like that when i gave it to them

thanks joe

Attachments

• 22052011001.jpg
    22052011001.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 22052011002.jpg
    22052011002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 37
hi guys i wondering if you can help, iv just got my bike back from the garrage (where they were fixing a but load of electrical problems......apparently) an along with a lot of missing screws (including one of the ones that holds the wireing loom down propperly so it was then sparking on the + terminal of the battery and yes i am going to rip them appart for that but hey) they have also connected the pipe from the front of the carbs to a tube at the back (shown in pics marked in red) can any one tell me why this is? as it want like that when i gave it to them

thanks joe

I can't really tell where they have it hooked to , but thats not where it goes. It should look like this.......

Last edited:
its hooked up 2 a pipe at the back of the carbs im not sure why tho shud i just disconnect it? or leave it?

leave it for the moment and someone who knows more than me will certainly tell you whats up.....this forum is the knowledge base for Vmaxes.

It should be hooked to a plastic elbow and go under the carb and exit out the hole in the chrome bracket. Looks like they routed it backwards.

It's the float bowl drain hose....or that's what's it's supposed to be, can't tell for sure from your pic exactly what it is hooked to.

yeah have been lookin at it an it all looks backwards to me....and its not my usual trusted garage its the place i bought it from i only took it back because its on warranty but they r fucked if im taking it back again.... this is the place an im sorry if i break any rules for this but name and shame time!

DONT EVER USE THESE PEOPLE IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK www.motorbikes4all.com ADDRESS IS Unit 2, Fromes Hill Services, Nr Ledbury, County of Herefordshire HR8 1HT DO NOT USE THEM!!!

any way now thats done there is a better pic up now i think its just been hooked up wrong (assholes) an hey wen you get a bike back thats missing about 8 screws (2 from the carb fronts and the main wiring loom plus more) im just glad i got it back atall to be honest

sorry for the rant! joe

Attachments

• 22052011001.jpg
    22052011001.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 22052011008.jpg
    22052011008.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 19
well i did the man way of fixing things an yanked on it to see what happened and the pipe was put in the wrong way around stupid sodding mechanic!

but seriously dont ever use that garage they will try and rip you off an generaly fuck you over!

Back