Pirelli MT-66 anyone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxls

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone familiar or installed the Pirelli MT-66 on the rear/front? I was gonna buy the Metzelers 120/90/18 for the front and the 170/80/15 for the rear but thinking of buying the MT-66's instead cos of the super low price.

From what I have read the MT-6 should be more than sufficient for my riding, rarely go over even 70mph, very safe rider...

All I care about is mostly appearance, need a beefier front-end, so wondering if anyone knows if the MT-66 has the same profile/width as the 880's!!

Thanks!

Tires of the same size from different manufacturers tend to vary in dimensions a little, I would recommend staying with the stock size to be on the safe side especially the rear 170/80X15 might be too wide and you might need to put the washer on the other side, some on this list have installed this size rear tire with room to spare while others had a problem with it rubbing the swing arm, you have to try it on YOUR bike to see.
the prices of Pirelli are really good I found the 120/90H18=$60.41 and the 150/90H15 = 77.11 + shipping at ronayers.com
I never used them,I only used the ME 880 and they last a long time not like the OEM that come with the bike.
since then I changed to radials but I really feel the ME 880 was great in all riding conditions.
________
Chevrolet Task Force specifications

Last edited:
yes, that's where I am thinking of getting it from, either the Metzelers or the Pirellis. I am aware of the washer swap and such and think I should be ok with the larger dimensions wth my riding, laid-back cruiser-type, I take it very easy, only go maybe 70mph when coast is very clear... thanks.

but my only concern was how the Pirellis looked in comparison to the Metzelers, I am talking cosmetics only now....

vmaxls said:
yes, that's where I am thinking of getting it from, either the Metzelers or the Pirellis. I am aware of the washer swap and such and think I should be ok with the larger dimensions wth my riding, laid-back cruiser-type, I take it very easy, only go maybe 70mph when coast is very clear... thanks.

but my only concern was how the Pirellis looked in comparison to the Metzelers, I am talking cosmetics only now....

I think it is the matter of personal taste, as for long lasting I got 10K out of my 800 and it looked like they could do 12K but I was in a hurry to change to radials.
the key for long life is pressure checking frequently.
________
medical marijuana

Last edited:
vmaxls said:

Some Harley dude followed me to where I was going and asked me about my rear tire. Said it looked big and what size it was. This is the gods honest truth. I run the 880, 170/80/15. Don't forget, you usually get what you pay for and the Metz is a good looker and gets great mileage. Bought mine from the Yami dealer for just under $100 and had them mount and balance it for $15. Of course I told them that I'm waiting on the NEW Max and will be first in line, which wasn't a lie. :)

thanks, think I will just go with the Metz as planned, i had liked them thanks to everyone here and other groups, will stick to original plan. With the amount and type of riding I do, it should last me for years and years...as long as I maintain it, pressure checking and all firefly.. :)

Latest posts

Back