Placed the Order

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK3333

2000 VMX1200M
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Mark. He was very easy to talk to and took the time to answer any questions I had. I ended up ordering a SS 4 into 2 with 12" cans and 2.5" outlet and open end caps. He said I should have them in about 2 weeks. My only concern is the noise level. There are very few Max's around here and the I have never seen one with a Marks in person so it's hard for me to tell what can would be loud enough. Now I have to get ahold of Sean for one of his Muscle kits. That should keep the monkey at bay for a bit.

TK3333,
you can always get some baffels made up from Mark if they're too loud for ya. That's what I did with my 06.

It will be loud and sound alot better than stock. Marks exhaust sounds bad ass and when you hear your bike it wont matter to you how loud it is. If your still worried after you hear it show up at thunder and ride next to me and you wont think its to loud anymore.

Not worried about it being too loud. I'm worried it won't be loud enough, I was considering the 2.75" outlets.

Don't worry about the loudness, my Marks 12" cans with 2.25" openings matched the loudness of a UFO 4 into 1 with slash cut mufflers @ 114db. They were measured side by side. The UFO is raspier like a top fuel car while the Marks is a deeper sound.
I wear ear plugs most of the time, but on a short run up to the store I will enjoy the deep full sound!:punk:

Plus they are like a good wine, they get better with age! (packing wears out)
When I PC'd my end caps I pulled some of the packing out. It is still quite enough to not piss the neighbhood off. I couldn't resist firing it up without the cans. Now that is a bad asss sound.
Steve-o

If you wanted loud you should have got ufo 4 into 2 slash cuts. Or the 4 into 2 into 4 ufo slashcuts. Ufo is the god of thunder in the vmax exhaust world. However marks is loud and has its sound of its own also. not as radical as ufo but a good badass sound.

I just got off the phone with Mark. He was very easy to talk to and took the time to answer any questions I had. I ended up ordering a SS 4 into 2 with 12" cans and 2.5" outlet and open end caps. He said I should have them in about 2 weeks. My only concern is the noise level. There are very few Max's around here and the I have never seen one with a Marks in person so it's hard for me to tell what can would be loud enough. Now I have to get ahold of Sean for one of his Muscle kits. That should keep the monkey at bay for a bit.

A short bit only !!! :punk:

After they break in they sound even better......I'm sure you will love the 2.5,give them a few hundred miles and you will hear the true sound of them.

Check my youtube channel I have marks with 12 2.75 cans on mine. Its deep and loud. I draw a lot of attention where ever I go. I like to think its my boyish looks butbalas its my loud exhaust that has them looking.

Todd

After they break in they sound even better......I'm sure you will love the 2.5,give them a few hundred miles and you will hear the true sound of them.

This is definitely a true statement, mine sound even better now they have about 1k miles on them. When you first get them don't be like me on a group ride and really rev it with someone behind you. They will get some packing bits to the face and not be too happy with you :biglaugh:

Personally I think the Marks pipes are just loud enough. They don't get to the point of obnoxious but I also don't fire the bike up to ride to work in the morning for the sake of my neighbors (fortunately I live close to the office so I just swap the car for the bike at lunch time).

When compared to a stock setup you will soon agree the Marks are how a Vmax should always sound.

Check my youtube channel I have marks with 12 2.75 cans on mine. Its deep and loud. I draw a lot of attention where ever I go. I like to think its my boyish looks butbalas its my loud exhaust that has them looking.

Todd
+1, I try to act like I'm cool but when the helmet comes off that's when I know it's the pipes!:biglaugh:

It'd be 2 weeks since I hurt my back and today was the first time back on her. Still, these so called "obnoxious" pipes, the Slashcut UFO's grab attention like the best looking whore in the house. People are turning their heads a block before I pass them. That's how I know they're still working, lol!! I had her parked while I waited for a Chiro appoinent and its cool to see people checking out my ride. While moving or standing still, our Maxs' look stellar!!

-KarmaKatt-

I also placed my order today,12 inch cans 2.5 inch turn downs stainless steel.Mark is very busy these days,great guy to talk to.3 weeks to be completed can hardly wait.

Karmakatt I got the ok from the manager to keep the ufo cans on my bike with the custom baffles in. and i can remove and go open in 3 min and store them in my little drivers backrest bag. When do you want to meet up near sarnia. i can cross or if you are able to cross maybe we can plan a point peeli crossing to ohio or go the other way. (UFO ya hear me damn it)........MIKE

Karmakatt I got the ok from the manager to keep the ufo cans on my bike with the custom baffles in. and i can remove and go open in 3 min and store them in my little drivers backrest bag. When do you want to meet up near sarnia. i can cross or if you are able to cross maybe we can plan a point peeli crossing to ohio or go the other way. (UFO ya hear me damn it)........MIKE

That'd be cool Mike.. Im getting over a back injury so long rides are out at this point. But I do have some V-K left so a day away, maybe a night a motel and a ride sounds good.. I'll keep in touch..

-Lee
VMOA 5652

Got my shipment from Mark. I ended up going with the 2.75" outlets. They look great. Cant wait to get them on but i'm gonna have to. I'm doing other work on it while i have it apart.

Attachments

• 20130530_162720-1.jpg
    20130530_162720-1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 17
Back