Plastic Bag Melted on Headers..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Saturday night I ran over a plastic bag and it stuck to and melted on the stainless steel headers on one of my "non" V-Max bikes. What is the best way to remove this mess? Any ideas??

Saturday night I ran over a plastic bag and it stuck to and melted on the stainless steel headers on one of my "non" V-Max bikes. What is the best way to remove this mess? Any ideas??

Ugh! I had that happen to one of my bikes and it sucks trying to get it off. For me, I had the best results running the bike to heat up the pipe and then scraping the melted mess off as it got warm. You can't always get 100 percent of it off, but I got pretty close. Hopefully someone here has a 100% method.

Try California Customs Purple Metal Polish. I used it to get oil of my rear headers...worked well!

Mark

Oven cleaner such as Easyoff works wonders. Heat the pipes up spray it on let it sit for a few and wipe it off Presto all gone an old trick for cleaning headers. It wont remove blueing

Oven cleaner such as Easyoff works wonders. Heat the pipes up spray it on let it sit for a few and wipe it off Presto all gone an old trick for cleaning headers. It wont remove blueing

+1 I've used Easy-Off (the one in the blue can) with great success on my venture when I had some rain gear melt to the pipe. Also I've seen acetone nail polish remover work wonders.

There is also some products out there just for that, I can't remember the name right off hand nor have I used them.

I Have Heard Of Both Oven Cleaner & Nail Polish Remover , But The Nail Polish Remover Must Have Acetone In It!!!! You Must Read The Lable Bacause Most Does Not Have It Anymore !!!

I Think That Would Work , Just Straight !!! Thats What I Use To Remove Crazy Glue !!!!

Latest posts

Back