Please help and suggest for 85 VMAX carbs.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chudy

Reaction score
I am the owner of a 1985 VMAX. This is my first forum experience.

I am looking for a set of working carbs I can bolt on to my VMAX.

The story - bought in 87 ran great, deployed to Korea/Bosnia, let it get out of tune and it sat. Tried to get it running and the local dealer I took it to in 2001 said the engine was blown, I only had approx 12,000 miles. Found out they did not want to work on my bike. Took it to a friend of a friend (I know I should not have) and he kept it for a few years and basically did nothing but tear apart my carbs and ruined them by dipping them in some sort of solvent, though he did verify that I had good compression and the engine was not blown. I had a friend bring it back to a local shop in KY and the gentleman is evaluating the bike. It looks good except we need new carbs to get it running so he can verify there are no additional problems. I have moved to TX for a new job.

1. Does anyone have a set of good working carbs for a stock 1985 VMX/12?

2. Does anyone have a set of good working carbs from years other than 85 that will work on my bike?

3. If I can't find OEM equivalent does anyone have a suggestion for aftermarket carbs I could purchase and bolt right on?

4. As a last resort does anyone know of a company that could take my box of carb parts and rebuild what I have, but still remain cost effective?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,
Mark.

I'm by no means an expert, but I would think any Vmax carbs would bolt up and work (maybe needing some rejetting) since the engine is pretty much unchanged since 85......I'm sure if thats not right someone else will let us know..

Carbs from any year will work....even non-US49 model carbs.

Latest posts

Back