Please verify cyl numbers: left rear #1; left front #2; right front #4; right rear #3

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use the above picture to form a mental image. Sitting on the motorcycle or standing next it to facing forward, trace out a capital letter "N" on the faux tank cover with your finger. As you start, count 1, 2, 3, and 4 to complete the "N".

Thanks!!! Tricky Yamaha marked crank T1 and T2 just to make our life more complicated!!! It is strange that mark T2 shows TDC of 3rd cylinder!!! Am I right?
BTW using double coils are not possible, because there are no cylinders firing 360 degrees apart. No waste spark ignition! I wanted to install single ignition coil from Ford Focus, which works for 4 cylinders.
About coils on spark plugs, not sure how people do that, because coils have to be bolted on.

About coils on spark plugs, not sure how people do that, because coils have to be bolted on.

My understanding is the COPs sit on the plugs, so replacing the caps, and the 2 wires that originally went to the coils are extended to connect to the COPs.

BTW The N is a good way to remember unless you are the sign writer here.
Screenshot_20210701-184455.jpg

Latest posts

Back