Plug N Play Wire harness kits for COP's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I am going to be making a small run of these COP's harness kits. They will made of all new connetors:eusa_dance: ( not used or scavaged ones from a wrecking yards) . They will also have a high temp sleeve over the wires. At this time I do not have a price yet , due to the fact that the materials have not yet arrived. If interested please send me an email to [email protected] Thanks Gannon

tell me more man sounds like a great idea, will send email soon im just about to put some cop's on my max.

That's a GREAT idea. I would like to replace my 'taped' up harness with proper connectors like the OEM coils.

Keep my monkey slightly happier for a few nanoseconds..

They will include the harness only no COP's will be included

Absolutely perfect. It's piss easzeee to get a set of COPs on fleaBay any day, but the harness is what makes it a little daunting for most people.

You'll defo earn yourself an award for doing this - great thinking my friend! :clapping:

In the words of Buster,
Pictures are worth a hund....a thou.....a mill....their just better....

be patient my friends... I can see already that I will have to make another run of them. I will have pictures posted as soon as the materials arrive! The plugs were a Biotch to find, been looking since last winter! G

Ok guys the count down is on I am suppose to be getting the materials this week! I will be making a set as soon as they arrive. Then needing a guidance on posting a few pics because it has been awhile since I have done any pic posting. Also for as many of you who have shown interest in these harnesses, if all of you purchase. I will need to make another order for the connectors, I wasn't thinking as many of you would be interested in these so my order was small. So that being said some of you might have to wait a little longer than the next guy. I am getting as excited as you guys on these.What a huge plus for all the Vmaxers.. Gannon

I can wait until this fall G, go ahead with the guys that need them for new installs or the like. I don't have any issues with mine other than the bulkiness of the wiring and maybe 2 of them (rear I think) could be a couple inches longer.

My two sets of COPs have the original harness with them. I just need a way to connect them to the connectors that the original coils went into. I have tried to find a set of cheap coils to remove the connectors from and splice into the COPs harness but have not been successful. Is this what you are making or is it connectors from the COPs to the bike without the COPs harness? Just trying to get a clean install. :confused2:

There are a couple sets of COPS on Fleabay at pretty good prices today. Less than $30.00 shipped.

My two sets of COPs have the original harness with them. I just need a way to connect them to the connectors that the original coils went into. I have tried to find a set of cheap coils to remove the connectors from and splice into the COPs harness but have not been successful. Is this what you are making or is it connectors from the COPs to the bike without the COPs harness? Just trying to get a clean install. :confused2:

The harnesses I am making will plug into the COP's then directly into the connector that the original Vmax coil plugs into. The end will look like the original coil connector.

Gannon

The harnesses I am making will plug into the COP's then directly into the connector that the original Vmax coil plugs into. The end will look like the original coil connector.

Gannon

Shoot, and I went to the trouble of just bidding on COPs with the harness intact. Could have saved some money and had a better solution than splicing in stock coil connectors. :bang head:

Of course, if I had known how hard it would be to get those stock connectors, I would have bid on bare COPs anyway.

Maybe this would match the oem coil connector? Looks similar if memory serves correctly.

2p250-l_1355.jpg

Sumitomo LOCK Type .250" Connectors
Fits wires from .75mm - 2mm (18 - 14 AWG).
Click below to buy:
Connector Set 2P250-L $3.29/set​

These can be purchased here: http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/250_Connectors/250_connectors.html

If that is not exactly what is needed then browse around on their site, you may find it. And if you can't find the exact connector, maybe you can at least find a set of terminals that you can crimp onto your COP wires, remove the terminals from the OEM connector and slip the new connectors in. I believe there is just a small metal tang built into the terminals that needs to be depressed to allow the terminal to be removed from the connector.

Latest posts

Back