plug wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use 7mm copper core plug wire.
I bought some by the foot from a local auto parts store and cut them to the proper lengths when I replaced mine.

+1. I get about 40 inches worth for a spool at the local Yamaha dealer for a few bucks.

OR, go ahead and spend the money and get one of our (gannon's) COP conversion kits and eliminate the wires completely!

Sean

Benefits are no more stock ignition coils, plug wires or boots. No performance benefit.

Later model Japanese bikes no longer have coils in the traditional sense. If you lift the hood of a later model car, you wont see a distributor, you will see individual coil packs sitting on top of the plugs. later model Japanese bikes have something very similar.

The COPS kit....or Coil Over Plug kit, basically does away with your stock coils, and then you have coil over plugs to replace them. There is NO performance benefit, but you do seem to get better reliability out of the COPS kits. I have one on mine. Sean sells ready made kits that were made by another forum member....Gannon.

Yes it is. $225 with resistors, $200 without. Includes all you need. The non resistor versions are for use with the programmable ignitech CDI box we also sell.

Sean

There actually is a performance benefit with COP's, altho not in the traditional sense. COP's eliminate several contact points between the original coils and the spark plug where performance robbing corrosion and oxidation form.

Such as - coil to wire, wire to plug cap and all this stuff inside the plug cap (this a Maxim cap, same as VMax)......

http://www.maxim-x.com/pix/plugcaps/1-maximx_plugcap_and_parts.jpg

Latest posts

Back