Plugs from my 93 Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93max

Reaction score
Well I had some time today after a lil ride :biglaugh: to see what the plugs looked like from the previous owner.

Here they are. I know this isn't a throttle chop...but it looks a lil lean to me.
As far as I know, it's completely stock. Exhaust everything.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• vmax plug1.jpg
    vmax plug1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 45
  • vmax plug 2.jpg
    vmax plug 2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 42
  • vmax rt side plug 1.jpg
    vmax rt side plug 1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 41
  • vmax rt side plug 2.jpg
    vmax rt side plug 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 42
They do came fat from a factory and they can benefit from going 1 step leaner on the main jet. That being said, the stock needle is very fat (size wise), and so will basically make you lean. A stock vmax the plugs will be almost white.

You really dont start getting color on the plugs until an aftermarket exhaust, going RICHER on the main jetting.....etc.

My 07, when it was stock, my plugs looked just like yours.

They do came fat from a factory and they can benefit from going 1 step leaner on the main jet. That being said, the stock needle is very fat (size wise), and so will basically make you lean. A stock vmax the plugs will be almost white.

You really dont start getting color on the plugs until an aftermarket exhaust, going RICHER on the main jetting.....etc.

My 07, when it was stock, my plugs looked just like yours.

So IF I decide to put Delkevic slip ons on I might have to fatten it up a smidge?

So IF I decide to put Delkevic slip ons on I might have to fatten it up a smidge?

Actually the opposite, and let me explain why. Vmax carbs, are CV carbs......constant velocity carbs. So, if you flow more air out, they will PULL more air INTO the carbs, and carrying more fuel with it. So, with a better flowing exhaust, you actually have to make the Vmax carbs LEANER.

So, with a stock set up (for a little bit more get up and go) drop the main jets to 150's. For slip ons, main jets of 150's....MAYBE 147's.

BUT....in the grand scheme of things, slipons WONT give you any extra HP due to the fact that the main restriction in the exhaust is the head pipes. So, you can leave everything alone, and probably get along just as well, or lean it out just a bit.

One of the first threads that i ever posted on here, i asked why.....myself. Everyone was great in explaining it to me.

Last edited:
Back