Pod filter setup questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chillin Dylan

Reaction score
First off, I’m new here so hey dudes! I just got my first VMAX, 1994 model. It’s has kerker pipes, and pod filters. My pod filters seem pretty normal, they look just like the k&n ones I found pictures of online. 2 of the filters have the little nipples in the top. They’re hooked up to this canister thing, which is connected to a hose that runs down to a fitting in the crank case where the oil fill plug should be. Is this normal? I goofed and forgot to take pictures before I left for work, I’ll take some and add them in to this post later. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, part of the breather system.

Attachments

• Stage Seven Breather Internal View.jpg
    Stage Seven Breather Internal View.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Stage Seven.jpg
    Stage Seven.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 22
It replaces the OE breather system which is lost when you discard the OE air box for individual pods.
It is an air/ oil separator - the crankcase fumes are recirculated through the inlet and any oil drains back into the crankcase.
Not the most complicated piece of kit as you can see from Sean's sectioned example.

It replaces the OE breather system which is lost when you discard the OE air box for individual pods.
It is an air/ oil separator - the crankcase fumes are recirculated through the inlet and any oil drains back into the crankcase.
Not the most complicated piece of kit as you can see from Sean's sectioned example.

ahh I see that now. Must not have noticed the attachments last night. So that little fake AN fitting is supposed to be there covering up the hose clamp? That’s hilarious. I thought it was something the previous owner put on trying to make it look better. I took it off mine. It was faded to like a pink color, and my bike is gold. Stuck out like a sore thumb

Back