polished or painted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutlass79500

Reaction score
trying to get some opinions. side covers that say v max are painted black would they look better painted or polished? .next winter im planning to polish the wheels also .

Attachments

• 121907 018.jpg
    121907 018.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 36
Looks good the way it is. I'd be afraid that the side covers wouldn't polish very well. Doesn't seem to be made of very good metal.

Looks good the way it is. I'd be afraid that the side covers wouldn't polish very well. Doesn't seem to be made of very good metal.

+1 to Dezeez - nice looking ride - :drool:

The side covers can be polished up real nice if that's what you want.

Mike

I think the side panels are "body" panels, and look best when they match or go with the air box cover and fenders paint schemes.

Just my 2 cents.

I like 'em polished, and they polish fine, better than they scoops since the scoops aren't very good castings, and the side covers don't oxidize nearly as quick as polished scoops for some reason.
Polishing is VERY labor intensive and requires a fair amount of upkeep.

I'd chrome it all If I had the $$$$$$

Here's mine polished.

Attachments

• vbgarage.jpg
    vbgarage.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 29
I like 'em polished, and they polish fine, better than they scoops since the scoops aren't very good castings, and the side covers don't oxidize nearly as quick as polished scoops for some reason.
Polishing is VERY labor intensive and requires a fair amount of upkeep.

I'd chrome it all If I had the $$$$$$

Here's mine polished.

So you're saying the side panels polish better than the scoops? I did my own scoops, what a nightmare! I guess I'll give them a try. That was my original plan, but after the scoops, I gave up.

I do like the painted ones with the chrome Vmax, so maybe I'll go that route. I'm so confused.

thanks everyone for the input. i think i might just find some side panels and polish them that way i can have the best of both worlds without messing up the perfect paint job .:th_image003:

deezees nice looking bike. like those wheels .

Last edited:
Back