polishing air caps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlon

Reaction score
Just a short question.
Could the Alloy air caps be polished like the are crome or is this alloy not suiteble therefor?
Before I start spending a lot of elbow steam into this.....
640px-1996-Yamaha-V-MAX-Black-235-2.jpg

ok i think we going to have to work our way through a language barrier. what do you mean by "air caps". if you are talking about that big piece with the "yamaha" on it, we call them "air scoops". and yes guys polish them up , but if you want chrome like finish, chrome them. gimme a sec and i'll find the links to the threads that discuss this.

http://www.vmaxguru.com/Tech/Gen1/Pages/Polish/polishing_tips.htm

Very difficult to polish inside letters. Time consuming and uses many small buffing tips or wheels to get the into the tight spaces. Gee, if I said "nooks and crannies" I'm afraid you would think I am saying a bad word to you.

Here are mine polished. They are a lot of work to polish and also quite a bit of up keep....IMG00103-20090520-1817.jpg

IMG00104-20090520-1818.jpg

Grimmie, those look great. For the upkeep, have you tried the Mother's polish and their powerball? I've had good luck with their stuff for upkeep on polishing.

Arlon, Good luck with your project.

Back