Polishing Differential

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnmax

Reaction score
I am going to polish my differential. Also a backrest which will be for sale in the future

Does anyone know if I can media blast it with walnut shells or plastic media or will this be too harsh or not enough?

I prefer not to use chemicals.

Also need some polishing attachments to fit in a drill, something that is maybe cone shaped or flexible so i can get in the nooks and crannies. anyone have a good source to buy these? lankee??

I am going to polish my differential. Also a backrest which will be for sale in the future

Does anyone know if I can media blast it with walnut shells or plastic media or will this be too harsh or not enough?

I prefer not to use chemicals.

Also need some polishing attachments to fit in a drill, something that is maybe cone shaped or flexible so i can get in the nooks and crannies. anyone have a good source to buy these? lankee??

Even though I dont care to help anyone polish aluminum I will give you a good source for all your needs... Check out EASTWOOD http://www.eastwoodco.com/index.jsp?cm_mmc=PMD_SE-_-Google-_-Brand_General-_-eastwood_
They sell top notch equipment and products, Great customer service and stand behind there product 110% Fast shipping also I cant say enough about these guys.
Good luck on the polished pumpkin look I am sure it will look purty the first 3 miles and make sure you buy plenty of semichrome and about 200 lbs of terry clothe rags to keep that turd polished LOL !

You should check out English Custom Polish here: English Custom Polish

Great site. Great products. Info pages, polish, equipment.

Also, check out their links page. Some interesting links to browse.

p.s.: I'm not affiliated with them in any way.
G Man

Are you a masochist?

While I Luuuuvvv the look of polished alloy, I can tell you that Lankee is right. You are creating a rod for your own back.

You are going to be polishing that pumpkin FOREVER.

You should at least consider;

1) Clear Coating. For a really good finish get this done by a shop that coats billet rims. TwoPak does a good job when properly applied and baked in a paint oven.

You can do it yourself with brake caliper clear coat but apply it in thin layers.

2) Clear anodizing. Bullet proof finish but it will take the bright shine of the finish and you end up with that flat aluminium look.

3) Chrome it. This would be my choice if you really want the pumpkin to shine.

4) Paint it again.

On the other hand you might be doing this because you enjoy polishing billet and cast aluminium - like therapy :ummm::confused2:

Back