Pop-ups and "website redirects"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Has any one else been getting pop-ups and or complete website redirects when navigating to sub menus on this website?

Wondering if it's here or my computer is the problem? been getting taken to Wal-mart surveys and some free I-pad giveaway when clicking on sub menus here, not all the time, just occasionally.

I don't get any, probably some malicious program got installed to allow pop-ups on your computer.

Nope...the only ads on this site are for the vendors.

Sounds like you've got some kind of adware living in your computer. Lavasoft's Ad-Aware is a good program for rooting out known ad/spam programs. I have yet to find a "total security" program that works well and doesn't make your computer crawl through everything. I use three independent specialty programs...AVG for antivirus, Ad-Aware for ads, and Spybot for other BS. AVG is resource efficient and runs in the background as well as through a Firefox plugin. Adaware and Spybot are (at least in the free versions) standalone scan programs that just run when you tell them to.

You've definitely got Adware or Scareware living on your computer. Install Malware Bytes or Ad Aware and clean it up before it gets worse....

Good Luck,
Dave

and thats just about when coprunners computer blew up... lol. +100 on the adaware, and even the malware bytes. both great programs.

peace,
evan

It was my Company laptop. It went completely tits up yesterday. IT said it was beyond repair and is getting me a new one.:punk::punk:

The non repair was due to the missing power button from when it blew off a table when I was testing some 345Kv breakers out in Arizona in the middle of a dust storm. I've been starting it by shorting the contacts with a small screwdriver ever since then, The IT guy thought I was nuts, I told him I wasn't nuts, just too damn busy to bring it in since I'm out of town all the time.

Hope it's better than the last piece of crap Dell E5500 I had, but we don't get to pick. They should be giving us Toughbooks for Field Service use I think.

No adware or malware or virus programs on mine... Oh... Yeah... Mine are made by Apple. Don't need that stuff yet. Hopefully never will... lol

Glad you got it sorted Rusty... New is almost always better when computers are involved.

Chris

No adware or malware or virus programs on mine... Oh... Yeah... Mine are made by Apple. Don't need that stuff yet. Hopefully never will... lol

Glad you got it sorted Rusty... New is almost always better when computers are involved.

Chris

:rofl_200:

Attachments

• motivational-poster-mac-users-market.jpg
    motivational-poster-mac-users-market.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 15
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::biglaugh:

and thats just about when cop runners computer blew up... lol. +100 on the adaware, and even the malware bytes. both great programs.

peace,
evan
i YUP' MINE FRIED MONDAY MORNING , AND I HAVE VERIZON PROTECTION AND McAFEE , SUPPOSEDLY MORE PROTECTION THEN WEARING A 36 PACK OF RUBBERS ALL AT ONCE ON PROM NIGHT ! .. :rofl_200: .. THE POWER WENT OUT , AND IT WAS ALMOST 9 YEARS OLD ! .. AND I HAVE HEARD THAT I WAS VERY LUCKY THAT IT LASTED THAT LONG , SOUNDS LIKE COMPUTERS AGE IN " DOG YEARS " ! .. :confused2: . :rofl_200:

Back