por mans performance mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellyear

Reaction score
ok so how do we get sum mour performance without braking the bank on a dead stok 94 max were to start ?
:ummm::confused2::ummm:

You can drop down 1 jet size. The Vmax is a bit rich from the factory. The cost of 4 jets (150's) is about 10 to 15 dollars....and the first time takes about an hr to an hr and a half to change.

You can also slide the forks up in the triple trees about 1/2 an inch....it will make the turning a bit quicker.....and its free.

For the $ I say changing to radial tires via replacing your rear wheel and buying two new tires, and maybe replacing your steering head bearings, changing the fork oil, and using a pair of Progressive Suspension or Race-Tech springs w/either Gold Valve cartridge emulators or RICOR Intiminators to greatly-improve your handling would be where I would begin. That, and stainless steel brake lines, HH pads, and replacement of F & R brake fluid, and clutch fluid should get you enjoying your bike a whole-lot more.

Result:

• better handling from the front end
  • better braking-your life is worth it, right?
  • no more handling issues because of the radials and steering head bearings, and front fork overhaul
Cheap? Not really. Worth-it? If you rode your bike back-to-back w/it modded like this, you would know why the $ is very well-spent. Realistically, jet kits and exhausts, and airbox changes are what most people want to do first, but being able to have a better-handling bike and being able to use the performance it has, safely, will reward you far-more than the jet kit and loud exhaust.

Save your $ for the braking improvements (#1), the rear wheel & radials (#2), and the front end work (#3). That's how I would list them in order of results. Brakes first, because ya gotta live to do the other stuff, brakes will certainly help there. You already have 4-piston, dual-pair, opposed calipers.

You can drop down 1 jet size. The Vmax is a bit rich from the factory. The cost of 4 jets (150's) is about 10 to 15 dollars....and the first time takes about an hr to an hr and a half to change.

You can also slide the forks up in the triple trees about 1/2 an inch....it will make the turning a bit quicker.....and its free.
:clapping: thank you

how well do the stock egsorsts perform compaerd to slipons am i beter off with the ones it came with ps shes only got 23 k miles on her looking for small mods and tuning tips will get me sum 150 jets if you gys think that will help

Its my understanding that there is NO performance gain with slipons. With my slipons...I had to drop ANOTHER jet size.....to 147.5's.

With going to the 150's...vs the stock 152's....you should have a small HP increase.

cool a small incres hear and a small one there all ads up we
uest to go down in sies on the erly kawasaki z9s for a good hp gane about 10 our so
:punk: so how many of us maxers are the roung sied of fifty lol :hourglass:

Air box mods

Trim the top of your K&N filter and then trip the air box inlet ( proven to be the source of flow restriction in the stock system). Then raise the "Y" 3/8 of an inch. i think it's better all around than removing the "Y".

Cost= nothing

Ary ya asking how old we are , sonny??????

At my next b-day I'll make 67 going on 30.

Lew

Check your charging system to see if it's healthy, if not do the R1 mod. Cost is a used moffset RR and some heavier gauge wire which you have lying around. A healthy charging system will make your bike run so much better, no more stumbling when pulling off from stop lights, hot start issues seem to go away. Read thru this ......

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19108

thanks for th advice po did biger batery mod and when i chekt was making beter than 14 volts so all good there :eusa_dance:

Hellyear, either your typing or your spelling is atrocious!
Can you help us help you? Thanks man.

Hellyear, either your typing or your spelling is atrocious!
Can you help us help you? Thanks man.
yes you are right i have a form of dislecsia sumdays are beter than others but cant tell the spelling roung on the bad days sorry .
and its not the best on the good ones :bang head::bang head:
but i will try

It's all good Bro. At leas you have a reason. I have posted a few dyslexic posts myself!

Back