Possibly buying a V-Max and have mixed feelings, also have some questions.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is up with the seat? That is a HUGE gap there. Is it not on the bike and you just sat it there to take the pictures?

Sure there's plenty of other later model bikes that have more HP and handle better...THATS NOT THE POINT OF OWNING A GEN 1!
I have an 85 ZL900 that doesnt handle too well either it's how it makes me feel riding it up thru the gears and off the line that no other bike can give me...and it's worth keeping around just for that, same as a Gen 1 would be.

Attachments

• zl90018a.JPG
    zl90018a.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 24
What is up with the seat? That is a HUGE gap there. Is it not on the bike and you just sat it there to take the pictures?
I think the husband tried to put a battery in it at some point. The front of the seat wasnt clipped under the bracket and it only had 1 bolt holding it on. I got the windshield and bags off of it and quickly snapped a couple pics as it was just starting to rain and I wanted to get it inside.

That worked out well! I would hand her an even $1000, get it running and cleaned up, then take it back over to her house and get a few pictures with the bike and one of her holding a photograph of her husband next to the bike. Get a nice 8 x 10 frame and frame that pic with her, you, the bike and her husband's photo. Sign and date the back of the photo and write a thank you message. Send the framed photograph to her.
Klas!

I have an '86 that color, which reminds me of the 1950's/1960's custom cars with frenched headlights, sunken radio antennas, scallop paint-jobs, lake pipes, and Olds Fiesta hubcaps, maybe a top-chop, and a bull-nose hood. Your bike looks to be in good cosmetic shape. Enjoy it.

Back